Jared Cook highlights (1 Viewer)

He then proceeded to say “it’s going to be pretty awesome” catching passes from Drew Brees.
“I’ve been a big fan of Drew for a long time and the way he approaches the game,” Cook said in the ESPN report. “He’s on point. He’s on top of his game right now. He’s just a baller. I look forward to seeing him do great things in the future.”

They don't measure players for what they put on NFL.com. Graham was a 24 year old rookie. He didn't keep growing after the combine.
I’m just going off of reliable sources. Regardless of the one inch difference he still is taller than cook.... not to mention he can get up a ton higher.

I’m just going off of reliable sources. Regardless of the one inch difference he still is taller than cook.... not to mention he can get up a ton higher.
What? He is 1 1/4" taller, but Cook jumps 2 1/2" higher with 3/4" longer arms. And that equals Graham gets up a ton higher? Bad math.

What? He is 1 1/4" taller, but Cook jumps 2 1/2" higher with 3/4" longer arms. And that equals Graham gets up a ton higher? Bad math.

Every site says 6’ 7” I’m taking the majority of the sites vs your single one. I’m also going off of gameplay. We know graham and we’ve seen what his done. I’ve seen cook play too. There’s not any math to do. Just look at the numbers and play....

Back to my OG point. Cook is not graham prime sitting at 32 years old. He wasn’t graham prime when he was 26 years old. And yes I’m excited that we have an upgraded TE position.

Attachments

• 5CCBBC42-2C23-4A8C-83EA-ED2D9AC88B3F.png
    5CCBBC42-2C23-4A8C-83EA-ED2D9AC88B3F.png
    1,007 KB · Views: 4
  • 259986C4-8D86-48C9-8C23-B98F5C235323.png
    259986C4-8D86-48C9-8C23-B98F5C235323.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
Every site says 6’ 7” I’m taking the majority of the sites vs your single one. I’m also going off of gameplay. We know graham and we’ve seen what his done. I’ve seen cook play too. There’s not any math to do. Just look at the numbers and play....

Back to my OG point. Cook is not graham prime sitting at 32 years old. He wasn’t graham prime when he was 26 years old. And yes I’m excited that we have an upgraded TE position.

He has never played with a QB as good as Brees in an offense which showcases the TE like Graham did in NO.

In Graham's best year w/o Brees, he had only 27 more receiving yards and the same number of TDs as Cook did this season. And that was with Gruden who has never showcased TEs in the passing game before.

My comment about "Prime Graham" was in response to a question about whether his play would be closer to that of Watson or Graham.

He has never played with a QB as good as Brees in an offense which showcases the TE like Graham did in NO.

In Graham's best year w/o Brees, he had only 27 more receiving yards and the same number of TDs as Cook did this season. And that was with Gruden who has never showcased TEs in the passing game before.

My comment about "Prime Graham" was in response to a question about whether his play would be closer to that of Watson or Graham.
Gruden clearly had a role for Cook or he wouldn’t of put up good #’s. If you’re in the O and running routes and getting open your being “showcased”. He let cook shine with his good hands and ability to read offenses. I see cool being a younger Watson for us. Not graham. Graham was far more athletic.

Gruden clearly had a role for Cook or he wouldn’t of put up good #’s. If you’re in the O and running routes and getting open your being “showcased”. He let cook shine with his good hands and ability to read offenses. I see cool being a younger Watson for us. Not graham. Graham was far more athletic.

Sure, but there's a difference between finding a role and devising a scheme and having a QB which historically showcase something a player does very well. In this case, both Graham and Watson had career-years in Payton's offense with Brees.

Given that Cook is just coming off a better year than Watson's best w/ DB and Payton, I don't think it's unreasonable to think his likely production is closer to Graham than Watson.

Just have to watch out for the refs. First game at home everybody in ref shirts. Footlocker about to be sold out of ref shirts.

My goodness. Couldn't be a more perfect fit with Brees and our O.

Wow. It feels too good to be true almost. We’ve had a really below average TE group for years now. Lol finally a real TE upgrade. This will be a lethal offense once again after we get another WR and a good backup TE.

He won't be statistically, because the Saints don't pass the ball as much as they did when Graham was on the team. He is right there with him athletically. His 41" vertical and 36" arms more than make up for an inch or so in height. So he "gets up higher" and is also faster. He won't produce like Graham, but the comparison isn't "silly".

2014 28 yr old "prime Graham":
Targets 125
Catches 85
Yards 889

2018 31 yr old Cook
Targets 101
Catches 68
Yards 896

He won't be statistically, because the Saints don't pass the ball as much as they did when Graham was on the team. He is right there with him athletically. His 41" vertical and 36" arms more than make up for an inch or so in height. So he "gets up higher" and is also faster. He won't produce like Graham, but the comparison isn't "silly".

2014 28 yr old "prime Graham":
Targets 125
Catches 85
Yards 889

2018 31 yr old Cook
Targets 101
Catches 68
Yards 896
Why are you taking Grahams decent season to compare to cooks best ever season lol. This is where you’re wrong.

Let’s not be disrespectful to Jimmy Graham and let hindsight alter what were two of the best seasons ever for a TE: 2011 99 rec 1,310 yards, 11 TDs and 2013: 86 rec, 1,215 yards 16 TDs

Graham’s jump ball connection with Brees was undefendable at times. The problem was due to a lack of options and building up an over reliance team’s zero’d in on stopping it and Drew was forcing throws

We don’t need Jared Cook to be Jimmy Graham of those seasons and it is probably best if he is not due to above reasons. We have Michael Thomas and Alvin Kamara, just need Cook to exploit the seams to make the offense diverse and stretch Ds having to defend Kamara, MT, Cook and Ginn

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom