Jared Cook looked outstanding - And, a few other players get some props (1 Viewer)

Jared Cook... He's not going to be 2011 Graham, but he's shown that he can be a guy in our offense. And with all the swings and misses we've had the past few seasons, that's saying something.

TreQuan Smith... Jury is still out on him. His catch when his helmet got ripped off was nice. Really want to see him start to make some plays like Cook... Something defenses have to take notice of at least.

Marcus Williams is looking good. Some of the reason for that is the play of Vonn Bell. Giving Williams 1/2 the field on a lot of snaps is a good thing. Heck, it'd be a good thing for any FS. Very very few FS's in the history of football was great sideline to sideline. And even the one's who were good at that had a lot of help up front.

PJ in for Latt is difinitely like going from a Ferrari to a ford. But not many teams would even have a PJ to plug in after losing a Latt...

Chauncey is going to be a great player for us. Already out-played his draft status. Has a chance to earn the title of mid-late round gem. I'm glad he doesn't interview well, and I'm glad our scouting dept did it's homework.

Clapp has done very good in his "6th O-lineman" role. Plugging him in for Peat when Armstead has the frickin' flu, didn't do him any favors. Add to that the whole team offense and defense being in a huge funk for whatever reason... It would've been really hard for him to have a good game yesterday.

Armstead had the freakin' flu. I'm amazed at how well he was able to play with that. Most of us can't or won't even get out of bed with that.

NOTE: We've all known (or should have) that we're living on borrowed time at OL, CB, and even WR. We've built one of the leagues best and deepest DL's... Can't be that good and deep everywhere. Injuries to those positions hurt any team.

Rankins is fine. He's still not all the way back. Tuttle wouldn't be getting the amount of playing time he is if that weren't true. Give him time.

Tedd Ginn Jr is a role player at this stage of his career. Yesterday, his role would've had to have been "savior" and nobody stepped up into that role. At a certain point, you have to go ahead and say that a guy is who he is. Ginn is who he is. The talent is still there, it's just old. He's going to have games where you think he's a difference maker. But he's also gonna have a lot of games where that get's proven wrong.

Coaching and playing pro football is so fickle. A bad day is hard to shake during a game because it happens so fast. It was obvious early on in this game that it was going to be a bad game. A combination of a lot of little things (and big things) combined to keep us from ever getting our feet under us in this one. That won't happen every week. It may happen again this year, or even more than once, but that's football.

We're a very good, talented, and deep team. But we (and nobody else) is unbeatable. One of the keys to any great season is having a lot more good games than bad games... and a little luck where other teams have their bad games when you need them to. And we've had more good games than bad so far. Matter of fact... 7 to 2. There's 7 more games left before the stakes get higher. If nothing else, laying this turd at home vs a 1-7 team might teach our (still young) team a valuable lesson. I think there's WAY too much cocky in our locker room for this to really knock us down too much. So there's that going for us at least.
Excellent and well thought out analysis.

there was one 4th down play i though cook totally gave up on. He got bumped at the line and just stop. Drew tried to get it to him but he wasn't even paying attention.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom