Jared Cook stays committed to Saints after Rob Gronkowski retires: report (1 Viewer)

Nothing new. Same quotes from Cook as every other article on the subject for the past week.

Did we get a new janitor or something? This radio silence is odd. Nothing else like it going on in the entire league.
Very strange year for free agency. Not the normal frenzy.

Hope I am wrong, but I am starting to get a bad Jimmy Graham feeling about this.

No matter what anyone says, it's a fluid situation. As Sigler says, Saints may not be ready to sign especially if they have to work in Robert Quinn at whatever price he would be and whether a player would come off the books should a player be an asset to surrender in a trade. And Cook - while he may have been 100% intended to the Saints a few days ago - may have his agent in his ear saying let's not dismiss the Patriot situation just yet.

Cook is not a Saint until he is, and right now, he is not.

If the Saints are working on a potential trade for Robert Quinn that could involve another player and/or draft picks that has more unknowns for this years cap, so the Saints and Jared Cook's agent might be waiting to structure Cook's contract in a final form until after that potential trade is worked out. It also could involve a restructured potential deal with Quinn. If the Saints and Cook have total comp worked out, years, and the signing bonus structure is on hold for the potential trade that could be the holdup.

Ever since the news sort of broke that we were close in signing him, I kept my distance from any thread about him until now. I don't believe anything until I see it as official. "Close to signing", "Working on a deal", "Interest in signing" do not give me any confirmation at all. Knowing the misinformation and leaks these days give me pause. In another thread where someone said he said Cooks signed with the Pats, I didn't believe that one either.

With all that being said, I do question why it is taking so long. My only thoughts would be if Cooks is weighing his options. There is still that possibility he might sign somewhere else.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom