Jared Cook visiting Saints (1 Viewer)

Patiently waiting.

It looks like if we can't sign Cook, we will have to use our 2nd round pick on a TE.
There isn't a whole lot left on the FA or the RFA market after Cook.
Not how Payton/Loomis operate. They’re much more likely to take the highest graded player

Not how Payton/Loomis operate. They’re much more likely to take the highest graded player

This is a deep draft for TE.
It is very likely that they will be able to take the highest graded player and he will be a TE...
If he is sitting there in the 2nd round, I can see us selecting Jace Sternberge.

Last edited:
Either Jared is taking his time to enjoy the city or something is up

Patience is needed. It is not uncommon for the Saints to bring players in for visits, allow them to leave and go home and then sign them days later. See Mario Edwards, for example. The Saints know that TE is a need and I think they will make every effort to get things done with Cook. I also think, though, that they could target a TE in the draft. There are some pretty good ones and the talent at DE/DT, along with the 5-6 quarterbacks and 6-8 receivers that could go in the top 2 rounds, is likely to result in a really good TE falling to the Saints.

Does Jared Cook have any other meetings with teams scheduled?
Apparently the Patriots ARE interested and have a meeting scheduled with Cook. Also worth nothing from this article is that it would take an estimated 2 year $15M deal to land Cook. In our current situation, he's totally worth that.

Last edited:
Apparently the Patriots ARE interested and have a meeting scheduled with Cook. Also worth nothing from this article is that it would take an estimated 2 year $15M deal to land Cook. In our current situation, he's totally worth that.

This throws a little curve ball into the situation but we should know soon. Maybe this is why the signing didn't go through as expected he may want to look at both options. It's hard to compete with the Patriots though.

This throws a little curve ball into the situation but we should know soon. Maybe this is why the signing didn't go through as expected he may want to look at both options. It's hard to compete with the Patriots though.
They still have Gronk though. I get the retirement talk is still relevant, but I don’t think he is ready to hang them up yet

It makes perfect sense for Jared to visit both teams so he can create some leverage for his agent, but Gronk is playing hardball and you'd have to think he'd prefer to come to NOLA where the starting job is 100% his for the taking instead of joining the Gronk circus.

Just read the article. Unless I missed it, there hasn't been anything reported other than in that article about a Patriots visit.

Rapaport said a few days ago they were doing their homework on Cook. But I don't believe anyone has mentioned an actual visit.

They still have Gronk though. I get the retirement talk is still relevant, but I don’t think he is ready to hang them up yet

It seems like Gronk is being wishy washy on the retirement thing he should either do it or keep quiet and keep playing. He is still a great player though and has some left in the tank.

It makes perfect sense for Jared to visit both teams so he can create some leverage for his agent, but Gronk is playing hardball and you'd have to think he'd prefer to come to NOLA where the starting job is 100% his for the taking instead of joining the Gronk circus.

It does make sense to see both teams you always want leverage it's how you make more money. I agree it does make perfect sense. I could see where adding Cook could cause issues and to where it could be a detriment to the team. You are right Cook would get a bunch of opportunities here rather than split targets with Gronk.

At this point... I hope Cook is house shopping. lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom