Jared Cook visiting Saints (1 Viewer)

My guess is that Cook probably wants a 3-4 year deal and teams are offering 1-2. It’s obvious that he’s the pick of the litter right now, and average yearly salary will be handsome. It’s probably a matter of the duration of the deal.

Yeah, this is likely his last contract. Can't really blame him. I'm just glad that there's not a ton of competition for his services. That and the Raiders being a team on the move (to another state) should play to our advantage. We really need this guy. The only other available TE that even has a chance at being a TE1 is Austin Seferian-Jenkins, and that's he's a hard toss of the dice.

My guess is that Cook probably wants a 3-4 year deal and teams are offering 1-2. It’s obvious that he’s the pick of the litter right now, and average yearly salary will be handsome. It’s probably a matter of the duration of the deal.

It’s getting close to the 2nd phase of FA. If he sits on the market much longer he will have to settle for a short term deal. At his age that would not be best for him. I understand he is trying to cash in on his last contract but his agent may be over pricing his services.

If we don’t land cook we are 100% targeting one in the draft

Even if we land Cook we should still target a TE in the draft. its not like Cook is the youngest guy, and we need to solidify that position. We tried to do that when we signed Fleener but he just didn't pan out. Our offense would be even more lethal with a TE that can control the middle of the field.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom