Jared Cook - what's up with this dude? (1 Viewer)

Not to mention that in my opinion the offense isn't strictly catered to his skillset. He can be a contributor but his days as a Saint may be numbered.

Well for one thing he has been drawing a lot of coverage which is good for everyone else at least. I still think he is a good weapon but he has never been the elite TE that he could be based on measurables.

I have tried watching him when he is in the game on passing downs and to me it seems he has either slowed down or not giving full effort on many plays. Maybe age just caught up to him!

I always heard he started off good then disappears. Hope he can turn it around, we definitely need him to

I posted this about Cook in an earlier thread about Troutman. I still think its correct, based on watching Cook in Denver too.

It feels to me like Cook lacks passion. As opposed to pretty much all our other players, who dance and strut when things go well and look P'Oed when they don't, Cook seems not to care what happens on the field. I'm sure this isn't the case, and maybe he's just the kind of guy who doesn't show emotion (heck, I've been accused of that by my wife), but to me football is a game that requires passion and Cook doesn't seem to have it right now.

Case in point: here's what Cook looked like immediately after (1) drawing a defensive pass interference and (2) getting called for offensive pass interference. Can you even tell which is which by his expression? (Hint: you can tell by the clock.)
OPI.png DPI.png

The average fan can't grasp the importance of having a certain rapport with the same quarterback over time. MT13's stats are down as well without Brees.
That isn't even close to being true though. Taysom loves him some MT13.

Michael Thomas in the 2 full games with Brees: 8 rec (11 targets, 73% completion), 68 yards (8.5 avg), 0 TDs
Michael Thomas in the 2 full games with Hill: 13 rec (18 targets, 72% completion), 154 yards (11.8 avg), 0 TDs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom