Jared Cook (1 Viewer)

Fumble was a critical drive killer and gave 7 to Tampa. Interception was his fault as well. I still can't figure out how his hands were just in such a bad position to miss the undeflected ball by so much.

Bottom line - If Cook were playing for Tampa on Sunday, the Saints win by 3 scores.

This whole thing makes me sick. There is no doubt that was the play that changed the momentum and outcome of the game. Brees came out of the half on fire and drove us 90 yards for a TD. Bucs can’t get going on offense and we start driving again (we just likely go up 27-13, at worst 23-13) and then that bs happens.

Of course Brady is the benefactor once again so it furthers his legacy and hurts Brees’ and that’s what kills me the most.

Fumble was a critical drive killer and gave 7 to Tampa. Interception was his fault as well. I still can't figure out how his hands were just in such a bad position to miss the undeflected ball by so much.

Bottom line - If Cook were playing for Tampa on Sunday, the Saints win by 3 scores.
Not only GAVE them 7 but I think COST us 7 also.. a critical 14 point swing. Tampa was back on their heels... We were rolling... Drew does not have to force passes with a 14 point lead. Tampa has to rely on the pass and I think we would be getting to him knowing that.

This was the critical lose instead of win moment.

CYA Cooks

Fumble was turning point caused by him not tucking ball to a defender trailing on his right who he had to know was there as he just made move to barely separate from him. He also derailed early drive with terrible read on pattern by running to S instead of turning in where he would have been wide open resulting in 3rd down pass being broken p. We saw Brees all year instructing him on sideline on how to read defenses and adjust his patterns. I don’t think his football IQ is the best. I feel bad for him as I think he cares a lot and he did make some nice plays for the Saints while in NO. He probably feels like he lost the game for the Saints which of course is ludicrous, but it sure ended up being a turning point, just like Drew’s int to Jones in tie game.

I was excited when they signed him, but this year he has looked so apathetic in some games. its almost like he has other things on his mind and just going through the motions or something

Team sports comes down to execution, minimizing mistakes, and capitalizing on your opponents mistakes. The Saints scored 6 points in their 1st two trips to the RZ, turned the ball over 4 times, and the Bucs only 3 TDs came from those TOs. We completely outplayed the Bucs and somehow lost, but you would never know it looking at the stat sheet.

Careful with these type of posts. We might find out from Adam Schefter that Cook was playing with two broken arms.

You could just see it coming. It was like a slow motion NOOO!

It has been a white knuckle ride every time Cook was targeted. It was either going to be good or straight up tragic. Hopefully the next QB has a more reliable TE. And hopefully Trautman is that guy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom