Jarius Byrd...ankle issues? (1 Viewer)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7OXVPgu6urw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(i'm going to post this in all J.Byrd threads to make them better.. lol)

Annoying that he showed actual ability in run support against the Giants. But he also had Kenny Vaccaro.

But that's no excuse. Twice tonight he got juked right into Lake Pontchartrain. Even Jon Gruden was calling him out for his lack of an impact play since coming here. Maybe he forced a fumble way back? I vaguely remember something like that.

I failed to see how Byrd let the RBs get past the 1st and 2nd levels basically untouched.
This defense along with our past defenses, are horrendous. There is much blame to go around, than to continue to force blame on Bryd. Look to the coaching staff if you really want to find what's wrong with our defense

Also, any NFL RB SHOULD juke a safety in the open field at the third level.

What exactly Does Byrd do that any other SR poster can't do? hell, pay me 56 million to camp out in deep center field and dodge running backs.

I failed to see how Byrd let the RBs get past the 1st and 2nd levels basically untouched.

Linebacker play was horrid also. We need to just get another offensive lineman and sign nothing but linebackers next draft. Maybe we will finally get one worth a lick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been one of his staunchest supporters, but that last play was just pitiful. Payton needs to either yell at him about his cleat choice, or seriously consider making an example of him for a serious Lackluster effort, albeit in a lost cause. But still...

He's a non factor the way we play him is just useless cut him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This will be his last year in a Saints uniform and once again a failed huge FA signing. At least next year we should have some solid cap money to go out and once again make some downside FA a multi millionaire!

Even Gruden came out and said flat-out that the guy is just a liability back there. What a bad player and what a rip-off job.

Even Gruden came out and said flat-out that the guy is just a liability back there. What a bad player and what a rip-off job.
That knee just never really got better I guess. It really is a shame.

Along with Paul Kruger . He is terribly out of shape

I don't think Kruger is out of shape. I think he's just really slow. A lot of guys at positions that can have faster guys, out there are just slow. Cam Jordan, though I like him is primarily a bull rusher.

Laurinitis is hardly anyone's idea of fleet of foot.

We need serious speed out there.

Fairley is quick for his size, I guess. And Rankins is supposed to be even quicker, but we won't see Rankins for another, what, 4 weeks at best?

Yeah he is awful, one of the worst players on the team. Maybe it's the injuries.

No, he really is just that bad. Had been the whole time. Without lockdown man corners to deflect passes to him, or a real front seven to force rushed inaccurate throws, he gets no interceptions, and he is the worse open field tackler I have ever seen. This guy has no understanding of angles. He is even out of position when he is helping on deep passes. The criticism of Byrd was the major thing I agreed with Rob Ryan about. It's embarrassing to know what they are paying him for that trash week in and week out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom