Jarius Byrd is this year's Brandon browner (1 Viewer)

Jenkins even said that he got complacent here and stopped trying his hardest. Jenkins wouldnt be the player his is today (which is highly overrated by many poeple here btw). He became motivated after we didnt resign him. He would have continued to digress and miss tackles, whiff on assignments, and poorly cover defenders if he was still here.

Most people here do not realize that your FS (if his duty is to play single high) is only as good as the rest of his defense especially those at the point of attack. FSs like that (which Byrd is/was) read a pressured QB and jump routes while his CB has at least decent coverage. Without pressure or decent CBs a FS is ******. His BUF Ds were nasty. We are not.

Excellent post.

Add in the fact that the Saints moved up to draft Byrd's replacement (Von Bell), and I'm not sure what all the fuss is about.

The Saints got a player who specialized in cleaning up when there was a pass rush and good coverage. He has yet to play with either in 3 years, due to health (his and theirs), lack of talent, and JG's amazing stupidity. He looks way overpaid and seems to underperform, but that isn't totally his fault. FS's are "chrome" pieces that go on an already nasty engine.

Putting Byrd on the Saints D is like the guy who puts a giant chrome exhaust on his stock Civic.

It isn't doing any good and it cost way too much.

Byrd just balled out last week and now he's the scapegoat for missing 2 open field tackles against a dynamic runningback. My question is, where were the other 10 defenders?

Just because Gruden called him a liability last night doesn't mean he's right.

Byrd just balled out last week and now he's the scapegoat for missing 2 open field tackles against a dynamic runningback. My question is, where were the other 10 defenders?

I agree. Byrd was essentially left on an island with a shifty, fast running back heading right towards him. That's a failure of the front seven because in both of those situations, the d-line and linebackers barely laid a finger on the ball carrier. So they were essentially heading downhill at full speed and Byrd has to pick an angle. It's a tough situation for anyone.

Kind of like how, even though people call Gruden a qb guru it doesn't mean they are right.

I agree with you. On a top 5 defense Byrd would be deadly. On this defense though, he is wasted money.

Gruden nailed it. Only way he makes a play is if it's 40 yards down field. Grant it he never gets beat deep but what's the difference if he can't tackle anyone in open field. They must think getting an interception is against the law. A team can't go that long game in and game out without getting at least one interception.

Now someone please tell me why wasn't this guy cut before the regular season started? If thought Spiller was worth cutting than my goodness what did Byrd show anyone. He was horrible last night.

Bench this guy already!! Wth do the coaches see in him. He obviously got his big pay day and doesn't want to put his body on the line to make a play!! can't make an open field tackle if his life depended on it. Sorry for the rent I just can't take his play anymore he's useless

Why? Was it late?

Now someone please tell me why wasn't this guy cut before the regular season started? If thought Spiller was worth cutting than my goodness what did Byrd show anyone. He was horrible last night.

Money for one.

Two, I really just don't get the hate this year. The Falcons were shut down deep last night. Are we really wanting to cut Byrd over missing two open-field tackles on one of the shiftiest runners in the league?

He's a FS, not an in the box safety.

We need to build on what we have, not rashly get rid of players that aren't the problem.

But he's not just suppose to be adequate player, at $9 million a season this guy was suppose to be a turnover machine superstar. Instead he can't even make a simple tackle and is always out of position. What a FA bust.

Money for one.

Two, I really just don't get the hate. The Falcons were shut down deep last night. Are we really wanting to cut Byrd over missing two open-field tackles on one of the shiftiest runners in the league?

He's a FS, not an in the box safety.

We need to build on what we have, not rashly get rid of players that aren't the problem.

But he's not just suppose to be adequate player, at $9 million a season this guy was suppose to be a turnover machine superstar. Instead he can't even make a simple tackle and is always out of position. What a FA bust.

It doesn't matter at this point what he was supposed to be. Crap didn't work out. Call him what you want.

We lose money next year, both in dead and on the cap, if we cut him. Better to keep a decent, but overpaid FS to go with hopefully better talent next year then to cut him, actually lose money, and gain absolutely nothing.

Maybe he needs to stop tweeting bible verses and start thinking about not sucking at his job.

Byrd is the last time I buy a jersey based on hype.

byrd did look silly on that late big run but one play does not give a accurate picture. falcons didn't have to go deep and they new it, we on the other hand had no clue. I would bench byrd simply to light a fire under his butt,and if that doesn't happen deactivate him. He just seems to be on the field but guys making that kind of money have to be more than that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom