Jarius Byrd is this year's Brandon browner (1 Viewer)

sorry but Crawly is this year's Browner. I think he could be a good pro, and he is doing an admirable job covering top NFL WRs as an UDFA....

But everytime he is thrown at it is either PI or a completion

Except for when they are pass deflections. Crawley is playing well for a rookie, and he is getting better with every play.

If you're routinely relying on your FS to make a 1 on 1 TD-saving tackle you're defensing wrong

was supposed to be our impact player in the backfield....both he and vaccaro cant cause a turnover to save their lives

Crawley isn't getting better. at all.

he poops his pants every time the ball gets thrown at him downfield.

The thing about Byrd is we brought him here to be a difference maker and make plays on D which we are paying him the type of money worthy of a difference maker but at best he's average. Browner was just a stop gap at CB granted he was high price stop gap but none the less a stop gap.

Byrd was brought here to get INTs. That's as simple as it can get. He was brought here to move around the field and ball hawk.

That **** isn't happening and hasn't been since the day he got here. When he's healthy, which is rare, it's still not happening. We have eight starters out, most of them on defense, and Byrd is basically an injured man that's being left on the field. Yes, he's currently healthy, but he represents a hole in our defense even so.

Even Jon Gruden tonight pointed out in his commentating that Byrd was brought here from Buffalo specifically to make plays, and since he's been with the Saints he hasn't seen him be the same player he was from Buffalo.

The only reason he's on this roster is because of his dead cap figure. It's cheaper to keep him than cut him. However, he won't be on the roster next season.

Not at all, Byrd isn't worth what we pay him but he's not bad, he's just an also ran in this scheme. It is what it is. If anyone is browner it's Crawley but to be honest I think a good lot of those flags against him are either way calls, you can throw that flag if you want but if you're watching both players you won't and if you're being consistent you won't either because it happens every down.

Byrd is bad. He doesnt help this team in any aspect.

From the limited time I've gotten to see of him it looks like he could play at the same caliber with both arms amputated. I've seen him make a few hits but his arms are always plastered to his sides, never wrapping up and finishing the tackle. He ricochets off then they continue on their way.

sorry but Crawly is this year's Browner. I think he could be a good pro, and he is doing an admirable job covering top NFL WRs as an UDFA....

But everytime he is thrown at it is either PI or a completion

Truth. Crawley should be nicknamed "The Conversion" because every time the opposition needs a key 3rd down, 2-point conv, ect... Just throw it at Crawley and its either a PI, big catch, 1st down or TD.

how many passes > 10 yards did the falcons have? > 15?

Byrd was NOT a liability in the passing game tonight. For the most part, he did what he was supposed to do in the run game, which is clean up the rest of the defense's mess and stop a running from breaking it open to the end zone. Did he get his ankles broken on that last run? sure, but most people are with freeman running in an open field full speed while you have your feet planted waiting for the train coming right at you. It was a tough play to defend.

Yea, he wasn't worth the ridic contract we gave him, but he's far from the reason we lost; not even on the radar. Our D line couldn't stop a leak and our LBs are terrible.

I don't know. That one hit Harper right in the hands and chest

I find it interesting that Harper was finally able to pick these type of plays off when he went to Carolina and now that he's back with the Saint's he's back to his old ways.

Crawley held his own against Julio pretty much all game. I thought he played decent. Not seeing the hate...

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom