Jarrad Davis (1 Viewer)

Ewww.... Ogletree is horrible

I'm not saying Davis is a huge upgrade compared to Alec, but he def is an upgrade

And I dont want to hear "Well look at his (Ogletree) stats last year"

Go watch his tape!

You will see

not saying ogletreeis some stud but he has produced at a high level before and is much better than Davis in coverage and will fit this team better.

not saying ogletreeis some stud but he has produced at a high level before and is much better than Davis in coverage and will fit this team better.

If I'm being honest I dont want neither one of them.

But

Saying Ogletree is better then Davis in coverage isn't saying much. It's not that hard being better then Davis in coverage.

Both of them are gonna want more money then they are worth. I'll pass on both and take one in the draft

Last edited:

But

Saying Ogletree is better then Davis in coverage isn't saying much. It's not that hard being better then Davis in coverage.

Both of them are gonna want more money then they are worth. I'll pass on both and take one in the draft
And if we don’t take one in the draft?

But

Well the website said Davis contract is less than 2 million for 2020.

Davis has some pretty remarkable athletic traits and a litany of injury issues too.
I think he was miscast as a Mike in DET, he should be a Sam or Will like he was in college. I chalk this up to continually poor decision making in DET and bad coaching.

And if we don’t take one in the draft?

They will

Sometimes it's better to spend no money then to spend bad money.

There are still going to be tons of cap casualties during preseason and before the season starts.

People on her act like we only have 2 LB on the roster. We have our whole starting LB Corp and a reserve in Craig Robertson. Not to mention Kaden Ellis should be healthy, so we will be able to see what hes got.

This isn't some emergency, gotta sign a LB or we will go 7-9 again. I mean we will sign another LB, but they arent gonna just go out and sign anybody

I know we could use an upgrade there. We have enough depth to be able to roll the dice on a draft pick if we have too

They will

Sometimes it's better to spend no money then to spend bad money.

There are still going to be tons of cap casualties during preseason and before the season starts.

People on her act like we only have 2 LB on the roster. We have our whole starting LB Corp and a reserve in Craig Robertson. Not to mention Kaden Ellis should be healthy, so we will be able to see what hes got.

This isn't some emergency, gotta sign a LB or we will go 7-9 again. I mean we will sign another LB, but they arent gonna just go out and sign anybody

I know we could use an upgrade there. We have enough depth to be able to roll the dice on a draft pick if we have too
There is absolutely no way you can be sure of that. The saints don’t reach, they take the highest player on their board, or if a high players drops way below their range they will move up to get him. I understand what you are saying but you can’t guarantee they draft a linebacker. And this is someone who really wants them to draft Queen

There is absolutely no way you can be sure of that. The saints don’t reach, they take the highest player on their board, or if a high players drops way below their range they will move up to get him. I understand what you are saying but you can’t guarantee they draft a linebacker. And this is someone who really wants them to draft Queen

Look that's fine

My point is this, they know what they are doing.

There is no reason to panic, it's not like we only got 2 LB on the roster.

At this point LB is only a serious need bc most of the rest of the roster is complete.

The Saints organization has some of the best talent evaluators in the whole NFL.

Terry Fontenot is one of the best/if not the best at evaluating veteran players.

If the Saints fall in love with a LB, they will get him, but they won't just sign anybody or just draft based off of need.

That's the formula that they have invested in over the last 5 years. They know what they want. Just RELAX...

Wrong system maybe? The guy has all the physical tools and looked like he would at least be able to play in the NFL
That’s what I’m thinking. Other than Slay can anyone really name a Lions Defensive player? There defense isn’t known for being top notch. I don’t know if it’s lack of talent or terrible coaching. Davis is still very young and even the article said he has excellent work ethic and drive. I wouldn’t be mad if we traded a low round pick for him or waited to see if he’s released.

Look that's fine

My point is this, they know what they are doing.

There is no reason to panic, it's not like we only got 2 LB on the roster.

At this point LB is only a serious need bc most of the rest of the roster is complete.

The Saints organization has some of the best talent evaluators in the whole NFL.

Terry Fontenot is one of the best/if not the best at evaluating veteran players.

If the Saints fall in love with a LB, they will get him, but they won't just sign anybody or just draft based off of need.

That's the formula that they have invested in over the last 5 years. They know what they want. Just RELAX...
Lol idk why you are telling me anything I don’t know, and I’m plenty relaxed. Seems like you are the one a little more uneasy than I am. And if we are being honest, talent evaluators aside, the linebacker unit is very weak and is a major concern. Let’s hope they are able to address it but it’s not a forgone conclusion that they will. We had a huge while at WR last year going into the season and that’s how it stayed. Don’t fool yourself into thinking we will draft a linebacker because we need one. Saints don’t do that.

I absolutely loved Davis coming out a few years ago, but when there’s this much evidence that says he’s no good, it’s best to believe. I loved Darron Lee and it’s the same deal. Big league processing and diagnosis are the biggest hurdles for the linebacker position and those guys don’t have it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom