Jarret arrested keith davis signs with Phins (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Panthers WR Dwayne Jarrett was arrested Tuesday in Mecklenberg County, North Carolina for driving while impaired.
This can't help his chances of being counted on for a major a role in Carolina's offense. Jarrett hardly saw the field as a rookie, and another off-field infraction would almost surely lead to a league-imposed suspension. This will also likely place Jarrett in the league's substance abuse program.
didn't do much for them this year. Only caught 6 passes

Dolphins agreed to terms with S Keith Davis, formerly of the Cowboys.
Davis, 29, is a special teams ace with experience in the secondary, though he's never been a playmaker at safety. He's coming off a torn pectorals and shouldn't be a candidate to start. It's another depth move by Bill Parcells.
Source: South Florida Sun-Sentinel
Special teams monster is a horrible S

Per Rotoworld

For some reason, I see Meshawn smiling somewhere.

These USC WRs aren't doing so hot lately although if Steve Smith can stay healthy, he's got a shot to break the bad streak.

Everyone was so sure the Panthers got a steal. The draft is just a crapshoot, one might say, its like a box of chocolates....

For some reason, I see Meshawn smiling somewhere.

probably not, Keyshawn and Jarrett go way back. Keyshawn and Jarret are USC alums and I heard Keyshawn stayed in touch with that program and tries to reach out and give a little guidance to all thier WRs, well all thier players in general, but more so the WRs. From what I gather Keyshawn and Jarrett have no ill will towards each other, its exactly the opposite.

Although the Panthers still trying to replace him might bring a little grin to his face, the Jarrett news will not.

These USC WRs aren't doing so hot lately although if Steve Smith can stay healthy, he's got a shot to break the bad streak.

Yeah that Shockey for Colston thread on the NYG message board was hilarious. Half the people are like "Seriously, how much better is Colston than Smith anyway?" :covri:

Everyone was so sure the Panthers got a steal. The draft is just a crapshoot, one might say, its like a box of chocolates....

Well, he never started a game, and had absolutely no QB to throw to him anyway. So I wouldn't write him off just yet.

This is a guys list of recievers he thinks are better then Colston.

"1. Moss
2. TO
3. Chad Johnson
4. Larry Fitzgerald
5. Steve Smith
6. Reggie Wayne
7. Torry Holt
8. Marvin Harrison
9. Anquan Boldin
10. TJ Houshmanwhatever
11. Braylon Edwards
12. Hines Ward
13. Lee Evans
14. Plaxico
15. Andre Johnson
16. Donald Driver
17. Roy Williams
18. Wes Welker"

That thread is comedy gold. I should of read it sooner.

This is even better:

"You took the words right out my mouth Bluedude. This was far from Plax's best season. He put up 1300 as the number 2 WR on a even more run based team. To compare their physicality is hilarious. Even hearing you make that comment tells me you have not watched him play and you dont really have the knowledgebase to have a serious debate of the two players. Like I mentioned before, if you had watched the game vs GB, in freezing temperatures, vs the most physical corner in the league, with an injured ankle.. you would have dropped this and apologized already. Colston is good, an overachiever, but there's a reason he went to Hofstra, there's a reason he was drafted in the 7th round. He didn't have legal troubles that made him slip. He's a big WR that runs a slow 4.55 and had an UNDERwhelming 70 cth 900 yd 5 td at lowly Hofstra U of all places (just for a comparison, Plax 6'5, 4.37 in the 40, second team all american 66 cth 1142 yds, 17.3 ypg 12 TDs, 7 special team tackles and 2 forced fumbles at Michigan State). Your trying to compare a Camry to a Porsche baby. Colston is good, not great and playing way above his head mainly due to a great situation. Great offensive mind in Sean Payton, great accurate pro bowl caliber QB, pourous defense that keeps pass happy offense on the field, what more can a WR ask for? Also, that Colston is a top 10 WR comment was silly. 10 better off the top of my head...okay well 18..."

This guy is trying to discount Colston because of his Hofstra numbers, nevermind hes had two probowl seasons in the NFL his first 2 seasons. Some people are just mentally challenged.

Boy, I sure did. I envied their draft last year. But, it's still early and he could pan out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom