Jarvis Jones medical (1 Viewer)

bornnraisedwhodat

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
RT @injuryexpert: Jarvis jones medicals did not go well. Red flags from more than one team."

Will be intersting to how this affects his stock.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

ID like jones..but man since we have potential starters @ OLB in Martez/Junior i don't think our OLB situation is murky enough to draft an OLB high. We could sign a guy via FA that has some skins on the wall in the NFL already and is healthy.

Now...if he dropped out of the 1st roudn all together...that would be a different story :D

I read he's also skipping workouts altogether.

League personnel are reportedly not surprised Georgia OLB Jarvis Jones is skipping Combine workouts because he's not expected to "test very well" in the 40-yard dash and vertical leap.
"Numerous sources" tell NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah that Jones needs extra time to improve his test numbers because his measurable athleticism is unimpressive. Jones is the only player sitting out the Combine despite being 100 percent. It's quite possible his "stock will drop" if he tests poorly at Pro Day.

Sounds like he's in for a Bowers type of fall.

ID like jones..but man since we have potential starters @ OLB in Martez/Junior i don't think our OLB situation is murky enough to draft an OLB high. We could sign a guy via FA that has some skins on the wall in the NFL already and is healthy.

Now...if he dropped out of the 1st roudn all together...that would be a different story :D

Sort of what I'm thinking...we need to build for the future. I think once this scheme changes and the guys are placed into a system they thrive in, our OLBs will be great. I'm thinking we should trade back a little and get Vaccaro/Elam/Trufant/Rhodes or whoever is available around 25ish. This draft is SO deep with OLB/DT...and secondary is very top heavy, meaning you get early or you don't get sufficient talent. Just my opinion though. Vacarro probably wouldn't be there in that scenario, but I would be happy with Elam. If Sharrif Floyd was there at 25 I'd jump on him, but from recent looks he will not be.

I read he's also skipping workouts altogether.

Sounds like he's in for a Bowers type of fall.

Yeah there has already been talk that is not a "workout"guy. He is a player though.

Big thing is his medical though. If teams flag him he can nose dive worse than Bowers.

Yeah there has already been talk that is not a "workout"guy. He is a player though.

Big thing is his medical though. If teams flag him he can nose dive worse than Bowers.

Maybe if we end up trading back a little to get a 2nd rounder he would be there, I'd definitely risk a 2nd rounder on him. If Dion Jordan is on the board at 15, we have to make that pick though. Regardless of where Jones falls to.

I have no problem if he's not a workout guy, Burfict's success in the NFL is proof of that. However, medical is a huge problem. Combine the two and that's where the problems start.

LOL, we have two Potentialstarters/backups, but that is all we have. I do think they will do well, more sure of Galette than Wilson, but we need more than two more to compete for starters and backups

Honestly @ this point Dion is the only OLB id draft that high because he offers the most versatility. He can rush the passer AND cover. Nevermind he cant stop the run yet those first two traits are what the NFL is all about.

Id rather take Vaccaro or Sharrif Floyd/Sheldon Richardson @ 16

LOL, we have two Potentialstarters/backups, but that is all we have. I do think they will do well, more sure of Galette than Wilson, but we need more than two more to compete for starters and backups

Its why i mentioned FA too. Id rather fill the ?'s marks@ OLB in FA than the draft because guys already have skins on the wall.

Thats all im saying.. I think NT/OLB have the biggest bust facters. Especially going 15 High.

Next versus how we traded up to 8 for 3tech in Ellis getting a guy like Sharrif Floyd/Sheldon Richardson@ 16 is a bargain.

We took Malcolm Jenkins for a future FS @ 15 so Vaccaro could also go in here.

As i said id take Dion Jordan @ 16(can rush the passer and cover)...and even a LT. Any other position or guys id trade back because i agree with most pundits that this draft picks 6-25(don't quote me on that first #) have the same value.

Being that there are so many guys that can rush the passer in this draft....i just don't see the point of going for an OLB 1st unless its Jordan.

Wade Phillips said it best "we can find OLB's later in the draft"

They went with Watt first.

Wow, bad news for him. If he falls into the third, then I say go for it. I definitely think he's a first round talent.

Spinal stenosis is scary stuff though. Good luck to him.

The OLB situation is still 'murky' enough that the Saints shouldn't pass on an elite OLB prospect. Galette + Wilson look decent on paper, but have only played in situational roles previously and haven't exactly killed it. Always take BPA regardless, anyway.

On the topic of Jones, going purely off of his film he's not a top-10 caliber player anyway imo - regardless of his medical issues.

Its why i mentioned FA too. Id rather fill the ?'s marks@ OLB in FA than the draft because guys already have skins on the wall.

Thats all im saying.. I think NT/OLB have the biggest bust facters. Especially going 15 High.

Next versus how we traded up to 8 for 3tech in Ellis getting a guy like Sharrif Floyd/Sheldon Richardson@ 16 is a bargain.

We took Malcolm Jenkins for a future FS @ 15 so Vaccaro could also go in here.

As i said id take Dion Jordan @ 16(can rush the passer and cover)...and even a LT. Any other position or guys id trade back because i agree with most pundits that this draft picks 6-25(don't quote me on that first #) have the same value.

Being that there are so many guys that can rush the passer in this draft....i just don't see the point of going for an OLB 1st unless its Jordan.

Wade Phillips said it best "we can find OLB's later in the draft"

They went with Watt first.

You can find any position later in the draft. In all likelihood, the Texans went with Watt because he was the best player on the board.

Richardson and Floyd wouldn't be bargains at 15 because of position or versus where the team drafted Ellis- they'd be bargains because they are both top-5 players (arguably) in the draft at any positions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom