Jarvis Jones medical (1 Viewer)

could we trade into the late first/2nd round with future picks?? if we can we could get either Jesse Williams or Jarvis Jones??

You can find any position later in the draft. In all likelihood, the Texans went with Watt because he was the best player on the board.

Richardson and Floyd wouldn't be bargains at 15 because of position or versus where the team drafted Ellis- they'd be bargains because they are both top-5 players (arguably) in the draft at any positions.

agreed. I also think that that because its a 1 gap system the guys on the line are just as important as your OLB. It can survive without a dominant OLB becaue the line isn't being asked just to two gap. So @ that point id value a DE especially a good one over an OLB. Especially since the whole point of going to a 3-4 is to get LB's cheaper and deeper in the draft...anyhow its all opion but i digress.

As far as richardson I just took the fact of what WE felt was a good position to go and draft a good 3tech vs where we can end up getting a good 3-tech in this draft. Its value in my opinion and not just because they are top 5. I like to think there is more than one way to view how to perceive value.

could we trade into the late first/2nd round with future picks?? if we can we could get either Jesse Williams or Jarvis Jones??

Hope we dont use our future picks to trade up. That is exactly what is hurting us in the draft, having only 5-6 draft picks every year.

@TonyPauline: Word in Indianapolis tonight is Jarvis Jones/LB/Georgia could make a DaQuan Bowers-type drop in draft..Combine Notes: http://t.co/vaSe4hJcSb"

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

At #15, my considerations are Dion Jordan, Barkevious Mingo, Sharrif Floyd, Sheldon Richardson, or Kenny Vaccaro.

"@nfldraftscout: Was told tonight that at least 10 teams have removed Jarvis Jones from their draft board due to spinal issue."

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

You know, if Jones fall into the second or even third round, the temptation will be to take him. Yet, I try to think about players who have fallen because of injury concerns and how they have fared in the league. I am hard-pressed to come up with a player who has had such a precipitous drop and turned out to do great things.

if we could take lane johnson in the first then trade up and get jarvis in the 2nd i think i would have a heart attack, in a good way, if such thing exists.

Honestly @ this point Dion is the only OLB id draft that high because he offers the most versatility. He can rush the passer AND cover. Nevermind he cant stop the run yet those first two traits are what the NFL is all about.

Id rather take Vaccaro or Sharrif Floyd/Sheldon Richardson @ 16

Agree with this except I rate Matt Elam ahead of Vacarro.

At #15, my considerations are Dion Jordan, Barkevious Mingo, Sharrif Floyd, Sheldon Richardson, or Kenny Vaccaro.

I have been a proponent of Vaccaro since I think free safety is our biggest need. But to me, right now (and things can change soon) the best value would be offensive tackle.

Agree with this except I rate Matt Elam ahead of Vacarro.

Your rolb doesnt need to be a run stopper anyways. His job in the run game is normally to eat one or two blockers so your middle linebackers can focus on making the tackle and stripping the ball. But thats also assuming you have fast enough middle linebackers to meet the RB at the edge. This is part of why Patrick Willis is so valued

I may be being too much of a homer here, but I still sprint to the podium and take Jones. I believe he makes an impact from day one, and, if history is any indication, we have a smaller than average window of being an assumed perennial Super Bowl contender. I’m much less concerned by the longevity of this pick’s career as I am with the effectiveness they can bring during it.

You can find any position later in the draft. In all likelihood, the Texans went with Watt because he was the best player on the board.

Richardson and Floyd wouldn't be bargains at 15 because of position or versus where the team drafted Ellis- they'd be bargains because they are both top-5 players (arguably) in the draft at any positions.

Am I reading this correctly? Are you saying that Richardson and Floyd are two of the top 5 players in this draft? Really? That is a huge stretch IMO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom