Jarvis Jones posibly there at 15 (1 Viewer)

Nightshade

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Looks like his stock may be falling

Walter has him going to the Steelers at 17th

Jarvis Jones Expected To Slide on Draft Day Published Jan. 18, 2013
By Charlie Campbell - @draftcampbell

Georgia outside linebacker Jarvis Jones had been one of the most dominant football players in college football the past two seasons. He's destroyed the SEC for those two years, as many consider him to be one of the most talented players in the 2013 NFL Draft class. Jones is on top of my 2013 NFL Draft Big Board, as well as ESPN's Mel Kiper's.

However, after speaking with scouts at the East-West Shrine Game who have Jones in their territory, they say they expect Jones to slide down and fall out of the top five next April.

The scouts said there are a few reasons that could add up to Jones falling into the 6-10 range. First of all, the scouts said that Jones is not a good workout guy. They don't believe that he is going to test well or stand out in the Combine or pre-draft workouts. Area scouts who cover Georgia say that Jones is not a weight-room guy. He doesn't put a lot of work in during the week, but would show up on Saturday and dominate naturally.

rest of it here

WalterFootball.com: NFL Draft Rumor Mill

I've heard similar things about him "not being a workout guy"

Not sure how I feel about that. Sounds like a guy who will probably never live up to his athletic ability.

His tape is impressive, but some games I watched dude was just getting swallowed up the by the run game. Hard worker on the feild though.

Id pass. I get this gut feeling that he will be the next vernon gholston/aaron curry.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Workout guys don't translate into great football players, football players make great football players I know plenty of juice monkeys in the gym who can bench 500 but couldn't kick a 5 yard field goal, jarvis is a beast, Kevin durant not being able to bench 185 really held him back in the nba didnt it?

Workout guys don't translate into great football players, football players make great football players I know plenty of juice monkeys in the gym who can bench 500 but couldn't kick a 5 yard field goal, jarvis is a beast, Kevin durant not being able to bench 185 really held him back in the nba didnt it?

No doubt. I just wonder if he is hard worker through the practice week. This in the NFL with some of the most complex offenses ever. There is no "just show up" on Sunday. Preperation throughout the week is vital.

So Im not so much caught up on him being a workout warrior or how much he benches, just more curious about his willingness for preparation, studying, etc.

Id pass. I get this gut feeling that he will be the next vernon gholston/aaron curry.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

If the injury red flag is a major concern for our medical staff then yeah, pass. But make no mistake about it this guy is a football player. Vernon "The Ghost" Gholston and Aaron Curry were just athletes who overwhelmed weaker college competition IMO.

lol, this guy is no Gholston. Gholston is the picture of a Workout warrior. Looked great but never showed up on tape unless a guy ran into him.

Jones is a baller, no doubt, but his preperation needs to be on point if he wants to succeed in the NFL.

alot of these guys said Vontaze Burfict blew it at the Combine.....an he prove the so-called experts wrong an had a dern good year with the Bengals....

No doubt. I just wonder if he is hard worker through the practice week. This in the NFL with some of the most complex offenses ever. There is no "just show up" on Sunday. Preperation throughout the week is vital.

So Im not so much caught up on him being a workout warrior or how much he benches, just more curious about his willingness for preparation, studying, etc.

Ok ingest what ur saying

Not sure about picking a guy who doesn't work as hard as everybody else. With the strong locker room that the Saints have a player who doesn't appear to be "all in" may cause a problem. "Cannot play with them. Cannot win with them. Cannot coach with them. Can't do it. I want winners. I want people that want to win." :grin:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom