Jarvis Landry signing with the Saints (3 Viewers)

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
He can do more than Callaway.

It really doesn't matter how much the fans hate TQS, the FO and team loves him and he has his role on the team.
Hate is always thrown around. Do any fans of the team truly hate a player, on said team? I just don’t get it.
I don’t hate TQS at all. Hate zero players.

Judge_Smails

Above Average Yachtsman
Reaction score
On offense the OG position is still a concern of mine. Pressure up the middle and a lack of push up the middle are killers... maybe switching blocking philosophy will help our guys play up.

Minor concerns with RB and TE depth... those can be adressed as teams shed good players in preseason.

No concerns with defensive starters... could use more depth at iDL, LB, boundary CB... but again, good players will be waived.

Really though, to have a roster this talented and near-complete, is exciting.
Nice post. I totally agree about the situations at OG and TE.

I am not as worried about RB because I don’t think AK’s court case will be settled in time for him to be suspended this year and I think they will be able to find a pretty good veteran RB for cheap, either right before or right after camp starts.

Reaction score
For over 15 years 6 foot Drew Brees beat every Blitz that best Defensive Coordinators threw at him

Brees wasnt the fastest or strongest but

He beat every blitz by throwing the ball out quickly and to the right man

Winston needs to beat the blitz the same way. He needs the ball out to MT and Landry to slow down the blitz

and then setup the deep ball to Olave and Harty

strandedsaint

Pro-Bowler
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
OBJ next?
I emailed Mike Detillier they other day saying "could you imagine a four receiver set with OBJ, Jarvis, MT, Olave" OBJ played for the rams last year for $3mil. Even if he didn't start till late Oct it would be worth it. Yes, I'm a homer and i would love for the saints to bring all these Tigers home. Heck i'd love Fournette too! But I would love Kwon Alexander back!

B4YOU

All-Pro
Reaction score
Oh it's now or never for Winston. He now has good WRs again, the best O line of his career, and the best defense. All the pieces are in place.

The FO made the decision to bring back Jameis and they are giving him everything he needs to succeed. They are backing him 100% instead of just punting this season and looking toward the future. The time is now.

Agree! I love the moves we have made this offseason.

The FO is eliminating roster holes and any excuses for Winston not succeeding. There will be no questions about QB by the end of this season.

Saintster

Through Thick and Thin since 1986
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Do we have room for Kwon?!
That would make this this a epic offseason..although with Landry I guess it already is...so Platinum epic😁 This should make those that always wanted hometown pride LSU players feel a better 😉 I know I would be Landry is a great receiver it is exactly what we needed. Ok back to to the Destiny grind.

BreesusSaves

MAAAARK INGRAM
Reaction score
He can do more than Callaway.

It really doesn't matter how much the fans hate TQS, the FO and team loves him and he has his role on the team.

It isn't hate though to question why TQS would be listed as 4. Callaway's shown the ability to be healthier and consistently contribute more than Smith. We can't ignore the fact Harty was a legitimate weapon last year either. Thomas, Olave, and Landry are the big three. The question now is who would you fill out around that? Harty is literally an All Pro kick returner and a solid "diet Sproles" threat. So he's basically a lock. Now if it comes down to Callaway or Smith, I'm rolling with Callaway for the two reasons I listed: health and contribution. Blocking is secondary for a WR and if all a WR can is block, it just telegraphs to the defense to expect run.

This all of course isn't factoring in that some UDFA WR could come into camp and leave Callaway and Smith in the dust.

At the end of the day though, I am happy because this offense is no longer relying on meaningful contributions from Callaway or Smith.

town123

Rookie
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I emailed Mike Detillier they other day saying "could you imagine a four receiver set with OBJ, Jarvis, MT, Olave" OBJ played for the rams last year for $3mil. Even if he didn't start till late Oct it would be worth it. Yes, I'm a homer and i would love for the saints to bring all these Tigers home. Heck i'd love Fournette too! But I would love Kwon Alexander back!
I would have loved to get Fournette as well. Rats.

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Agree! I love the moves we have made this offseason.

The FO is eliminating roster holes and any excuses for Winston not succeeding. There will be no questions about QB by the end of this season.
💯 .

inetnawlins

Black and Gold
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Most of it was his legs and AK41, with some throws to the WRs, but yes. But hopefully, except for a few sprinkles here and there, we won’t see the ball being taken out of Winston’s hands.
He made good throws until the hand injury. Just stop. Today is a positive day.

Reaction score

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest SaintsReport Originals

Utopia Draft: The Saints' Ideal (Realistic) Scenario
By Dan Levy - posted 4/28/2022

Sea Change: Taysom Hill's "New" Role and What it Means for the Saints
By Dan Levy - posted 4/06/2022

Q&A: AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Dan Levy
5/8/22 | 4/20/22

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines