Jason Cole's credibility takes another hit (1 Viewer)

St. Geezy

⚜️
Reaction score
POSTED 11:53 a.m. EST, March 2, 2008
TUNA DENIES THAT TAYLOR IS DONE IN MIAMI
On Saturday, Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports reported that the Dolphins and defensive end Jason Taylor are headed for an amicable divorce.
In response, Dolphins V.P. of football operations Bill Parcells says that Taylor won't be leaving.
Parcells told Chris Mortensen of ESPN that Taylor's options for 2008 will be to play for the Fins, or to retire.
"This latest report is just another example of journalistic irresponsibility," Parcells said.
Ouch.
Though we're not sure how this is all going to play out, we strongly believe that Taylor isn't interested in playing for the Dolphins in 2008. So if the choice is to play for the Fins or pack it in, Taylor might very well do the latter.
Especially if this Dancing With The Stars thing ends up being the gateway to the kind of Hollywood career that guys like Matt Leinart and Braylon Edwards can only dream of.
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Jason Cole has to be widely known as the wost reporter in all of sports.......

before i ever read anything i make sure his name isn't at the top of it....

Jason Cole's theory of reporting is MSU. For those that don't know this accronym, the M is Make and the U is Up.

Last edited:
I was hoping that it was true. I wanted us to go after him

Jason Cole is on WWL sports radio every month, he'd better be glad they don't take questions from callers when he's on air or you'll hear what the fans got to say to the guy up close and personal as we can get!, complete bum.

i stopped even going to yahoo sports for anything news worthy, they don't have anything new that i can't read anywhere else so there's no real point of going to yahoo for anything, not to mention yahoo is up for sale so they might not even be around that long, would be funny if Google buys yahoo, that would be the ultimate twist in the entire tech world, since half the guys that founded Google use to work for yahoo lol.

Is he brutal, but Mortensen is getting dangerously close to Jason Cole territory. It seems like lately Mort isn't getting ANYTHING right either. Schefter is the guy with the real news.

Steve Saban on Fox Sports Radio absolutely trashed Mortenson and Clayton today. He had a whole segment of his radio show dedicated to talking about bad reporting and these two were his examples.

He lit into Clayton for starting the rumor that Moss and Culpepper would be a package deal. He said not only has two players ever been part of a package deal in the NFL but it makes zero since for Moss to stoop to the level of a guy that may not even be signed and attach his first and probrably last chance for a big contract in free agency.

He said Clayton hides behind "sources" that don't exist and all but claimed Clayton just makes stuff up to try and get a sound bite. He said that there are plenty of other bad sports reporters out there but Clayton and Mortenson have made a household name for themselves by being horrible reporters that sensationalize and flat out make stuff up to boost ratings and therefore ESPN tries to boost there credibility.

He then let callers call in and talk about bad sports reporters.

Steve Saban on Fox Sports Radio absolutely trashed Mortenson and Clayton today. He had a whole segment of his radio show dedicated to talking about bad reporting and these two were his examples.

He lit into Clayton for starting the rumor that Moss and Culpepper would be a package deal. He said not only has two players ever been part of a package deal in the NFL but it makes zero since for Moss to stoop to the level of a guy that may not even be signed and attach his first and probrably last chance for a big contract in free agency.

He said Clayton hides behind "sources" that don't exist and all but claimed Clayton just makes stuff up to try and get a sound bite. He said that there are plenty of other bad sports reporters out there but Clayton and Mortenson have made a household name for themselves by being horrible reporters that sensationalize and flat out make stuff up to boost ratings and therefore ESPN tries to boost there credibility.

He then let callers call in and talk about bad sports reporters.

What were their comments about the points he makes? I agree with Saban. These two only report correct info about half the time, sensationalizing and getting things no more than half right the rest of the time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom