Jason Craft... Why does he get toasted so much? (1 Viewer)

DownWithDisease

Very Banned
Reaction score
I remember hearing Bobby Hebert and Kenny W. talking about him last week, or the week before, and saying how worried they were that Craft might miss the next game with a concussion. They went on to say how important he is to the team, and how he is truly a "starting" CB in this league. They said that during TC Jason Craft "graded out" as our BEST CB, and that the coaching staff loves the guy. I also remember hearing a little bit about him when he came from Jax, and all that was positive... he was supposed to be a very fast, athletic CB with good cover skills.

So... What's the problem? Why does this guy seem to get beat so much? Is he taking too many risks? Is he a sucker for a ball or head fake? I just don't get it. I know CB has got to be one of the toughest positions to play in ALL OF SPORTS, but this guy just seems to struggle week in and week out, and never gets the boot. So what gives?

He is a sucker for the double moves and pump fakes because he takes too many chances. There is no doubt he is a very fast corner and I believe if he started every game he would have very nice numbers and even lead the team in interceptions but the guy takes a lot of home run swings but whiffs more than he hits.

Not playing his game. He is good at playing the WR not playing the QB. He bites on the pump and is not athletic enough to catch up at his age. He has been a better nickle corner than Thomas which is why two seasons ago when Fakir was starting Craft was the nickle. Craft needs to get ready because Henry may eat his lunch if he doesn't step up

Apparently he's been struggling with biting on fakes and such for a long time now. Why doesn't he respond to the coaching. They have to see what he is doing wrong. I just don't understand why they give him so many chances.

Does anyone know if DeLoach is any good? I like his size, but can he cover? He is currently listed 4th on the depth chart behind Groce.

he's played better this year than in previous, but he's not playing as good as he did in Jacksonville, i'm still trying to figure out why he would leave his guy to go cover nobody. (the play were wilson caught a td all alone)

Apparently he's been struggling with biting on fakes and such for a long time now. Why doesn't he respond to the coaching. They have to see what he is doing wrong. I just don't understand why they give him so many chances.

Does anyone know if DeLoach is any good? I like his size, but can he cover? He is currently listed 4th on the depth chart behind Groce.

That is correct. It's not that he lacks coverage skills, it's just once or twice a game he gets eaten up by a WR move, and in the NFL, that can mean a touchdown.

As for why he doesn't respond to coaching, it's not a coaching issue. It's a reaction time and anticipation issue. Some people don't have it, some do.

He seems to be a typical Haz player. Runs like a deer, all physical skills, but just cannot wrap his head around the read and react aspect that is critical to good CB play.

He seems to be a typical Haz player. Runs like a deer, all physical skills, but just cannot wrap his head around the read and react aspect that is critical to good CB play.

To be fair, there aren't a lot of CBs in the NFL who can right now. Craft is a fine nickel back, he just looks exposed when he is in the starting lineup.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom