Jason David overpaid??!! (1 Viewer)

deuce4pres

Drew Dat!
Reaction score
My buddy is a huge cowgirls fan, and likes to make fun of me for being a Saints fan any chance he can get(although the Cowgirls haven't beaten us since '94). He told me recently read an article in Pro Football Weekly that stated the top paid CB's in the NFL. Guess who he told me was the 7th highest. Jason David. I almost threw up. Did anyone else read this article to verify what he told me?? He is trustworthy though. No, I don't have a "link" for those of you that like to throw that out there, Im asking for one.

obwhiteo

Proudly wearing my dress!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
thanks for opening up my wounds that had almost healed!!!! :)

LSSpam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
That would have been last season. I don't know for sure that David was, but I wouldn't doubt it. His contract was front-loaded. He probably won't even be the 2nd highest paid CB on our roster next year, maybe not even the 3rd if we draft one at #10 overall.

gregh

The Real Deal
Reaction score
i hope this guy turns it around. we definitley need the help. i think a good pass rush will "mask" his problems....

CargoJon

Banned
Reaction score
David was way overpaid last season given his production. His salary goes down this year, as others have stated it was way front-loaded. Most likely because he was a restricted FA and the FO didn't want the Colts to match.

Given what some of the top corners got in FA this year, he won't be in the top 15-20 now I suspect.

HennessyRob

NOLA Raised
Reaction score
Every player is overpaid.

They play a game.

Teachers,Cops, and Fireman should get paid like athletes. Their jobs actually matter.

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

They play a game.

Teachers,Cops, and Fireman should get paid like athletes. Their jobs actually matter.

PREACH BROTHA!!! PREACH!!!

I'm tired of this Jason David bashing...the 07 season has been over for how long now? lets look ahead, the guy has skills, he put up good numbers last year but nobody can seem to get past the touchdowns (and I dont blame them) but he wasnt a total washout...its getting old fast.....

Denzien

May contain 10% Ethanol
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

They play a game.

I agree (especially because the wife is a teacher :ezbill:). Unfortunately, there are waaayy too many teachers, firemen and police to realistically pay them what they want.

Doctors sure make a heck of a lot too, but they do sacrifice a lot in the beginning to get there.

dninc

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
He's been our Roster too long if you ask me, other teams would love for us to keep him around as long as possible..

And sadly Payton's Stubburnness will let him Linger on like a dead toe you refuse to get removed that will eventually get you very sick and kill you.

If Payon see's something in this dude or has seen something i hope to god it happen this season.

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He's been our Roster too long if you ask me, other teams would love for us to keep him around as long as possible..

And sadly Payton's Stubburnness will let him Linger on like a dead toe you refuse to get removed that will eventually get you very sick and kill you.

If Payon see's something in this dude or has seen something i hope to god it happen this season.

Oh he wasnt that bad....he's a gifted athlete changing from a cover 2 to a man vs man....and he sucked at it, but he still came up with his share of plays and he will be demoted to nickle this year...he has more to offer, i'm as dissapointed as the next guy about his performance, but why does nobody expect him to improve? why is he already a lost cause? it wasnt like he lacked skill or ability, he lacked technique...technique can be taught....and he's on this roster atleast one more year before I think we think about cutting him...you gotta give the guy a second chance to prove his worth.

Albi

- Future Hall of Famer -
Reaction score
I think Jason David should quit football and run for Mayor of New Orleans, since he has the fan-base.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom