Jason David overpaid??!! (1 Viewer)

I think Jason David should quit football and run for Mayor of New Orleans, since he has the fan-base.

Oh he wasnt that bad....he's a gifted athlete changing from a cover 2 to a man vs man....and he sucked at it, but he still came up with his share of plays and he will be demoted to nickle this year...he has more to offer, i'm as dissapointed as the next guy about his performance, but why does nobody expect him to improve? why is he already a lost cause? it wasnt like he lacked skill or ability, he lacked technique...technique can be taught....and he's on this roster atleast one more year before I think we think about cutting him...you gotta give the guy a second chance to prove his worth.

I agree and believe he will get better, but he would have to make major progress this offseason just to be an average Cb this year. Hopefully he can and will.

A lot of his problems stemmed from poor safety play.

Not true.....all of his problems came from poor technique as meily stated and bad habits. Did Bullocks mask his deficiencies as some safties do on other teams for their CB's? No! But, even if Bullocks would have, that doesn't make David's play any better last year, it just means he wouldn't have looked as bad to anyone not really paying attention.

It could be easily argued David made Bullocks look worse. Let's face it, on any double move the QB knew the WR would beat David badly so all he had to do was throw it away from the safety and, TD! It works both ways.....

seriously dude, bullocks is terrible and is the jason david of our safeties. i'll never get over the first carolina game when he had a chance to knock steve smith into the next time zone when he dropped a pass. but instead he let up and sort of hugged him. David > Bullocks and that doesn't say much

seriously dude, bullocks is terrible and is the jason david of our safeties. i'll never get over the first carolina game when he had a chance to knock steve smith into the next time zone when he dropped a pass. but instead he let up and sort of hugged him. David > Bullocks and that doesn't say much

I guess you're referring to me....

If you are, I'm not saying Bullocks is good, i actually think Bullocks is the worst DB we have and I'd love to see us address S in Round 2 with Morgan or Round 3 with Decoud. I'm just saying David and Bullocks did not help each other out last year and were equally bad. i don't wish to get into a debate of which of the two players are better becuase they both stunck last year and we need an upgrade at both positions.

I don't care if one was a little bad and the other was real bad....bottom line they both are bad until proven otherwise!

I think CHI-TOWN and I agree on this one -- David and Bullocks are both bad.

Further, it was obvious to those of us who played in the secondary that Harper played better when Kaesviharn was on the field with him last year. I think the Saints have learned their lesson there, and we'll see KK and Roman together this year a lot more, hopefully from the start.

I really don't understand why David is still on the team. It must have to do with cap hit or the fact that with MM hurt we're so short on CB's until the draft.

GeauxTigers72, yes, we had a poor pass rush, which I think we've improved with McCray and Vilma and moving Grant inside some. However, you can't blame all those deep throws and blown coverages on pass rush. Sometimes it was the pass rush's fault. Sometimes we had receivers flaming the corner and the safety to the end zone right off the ball. Sometimes, we had safeties way out of position.

Every player is overpaid.

They play a game.

Teachers,Cops, and Fireman should get paid like athletes. Their jobs actually matter.

True That, PAY ME for having to deal with all your children during the day when they are crazy and hyperactive....

Every player is overpaid.

They play a game.

Teachers,Cops, and Fireman should get paid like athletes. Their jobs actually matter.

As far as teachers and cops are concerned I think it varies on demographics. I know some pretty worthless teachers and cops that drive around wasting taxpayer money.

A lot of his problems stemmed from poor safety play.

Absolutely. I would not be surprised if Jason David comes back with a strong season after a year in the new system and some help coming from the front 7(The new LB's, a healthy Brian Young & maybe Big Sed Ellis?)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom