Jason David (1 Viewer)

what makes that ironic?

It's not.

If irony indicates something has happened in the opposite manner of which was expected, I don't see where cutting someone who struggled so mightily and winning a title shortly thereafter would indicate that things went the opposite of what was expected.

I feel a better example of irony is how the Tennessee Volunteers didn't win a national title until right after Peyton Manning went to the NFL.....even though they were expected to fall off somewhat as a result of that.

I recall an article that broke down David's play as being so bad that the Saints actually had better coverage statistically if the opposing offense threw "against air" rather than "against David". In other words, the WR was more likely to catch it if David was covering him than if the WR was wide open in blown coverage.

Oh yea I remember that.

Interestingly—and directly opposite of Jason David—in Lattimore’s rookie season, opposing QBs had a lower QBR when throwing at him than they would if they’d have just thrown the ball away every play.

Lol i first clicked on threas and that pic showed up thought he came out with his own shoe

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190818-112622_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190818-112622_Chrome.jpg
    620.1 KB · Views: 5
In 07’ against the Rams, Marc Bulger would step to the line, literally point at the receiver David was covering, take the snap and throw to that receiver — that was usually wide open.

It was one of the most frustrating experiences of my football watching life.

In 07' every team we played tried whatever they wanted on first and second down, and then on third down they'd just throw it to who David was covering to move the chains. Pretty much the most frustrated I've ever been with a Saints defense even if it wasn't statisically the worst we've ever fielded. Watching teams gets 2-3 yards and then convert a 3rd and long all the way down the field was gut wrenching.

It's not.

If irony indicates something has happened in the opposite manner of which was expected, I don't see where cutting someone who struggled so mightily and winning a title shortly thereafter would indicate that things went the opposite of what was expected.

I feel a better example of irony is how the Tennessee Volunteers didn't win a national title until right after Peyton Manning went to the NFL.....even though they were expected to fall off somewhat as a result of that.
To make this thread more accurate... it would be closer, but not exactly irony if the falcon's signed Jason David and won the super bowl that year.

To make this thread more accurate... it would be closer, but not exactly irony if the falcon's signed Jason David and won the super bowl that year.
Or if the Colts has signed him after they worked him out during the Super Bowl bye week and he Tracy Porter'd Brees in Miami.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom