jason david (1 Viewer)

saintsfaninexile

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
my eight year old son, who has become a serious saints fan (with a little encouragement from me) insisted that i post a message on this board stating that jason david should be traded or cut during this offseason - what do you think?

I think you are using your son as a guise and should have added this to one of the 100 other Jason David threads.

I think it's pretty cool your son's already so much into the Saints!

I think you've already paid him his upfront money and now he's decently priced depth.

i would ask your son if he felt we should switch to more cover 2 in our defense, which would probably cater to jason's strengths, or if he felt that we should try to pursue a stronger defensive line that could get added pressure to the quarterback, thereby allowing us to play more of a man-to-man style of coverage...
and i also want to know his opinions on slot receivers in the west coast style of offense...

just kiddin, kid! welcome to the site! we need all the fans we can get...

Well, it has been hashed over pretty good already in many other threads as Waymer indicated above.

But, IMHO, JD will not and should not be cut or traded. He should also not be a starter. But he will make a fine nickel and/or dime CB - and his price is right as a backup.

We already need to fill a lot of CB positions. No reason to get rid of one backup caliber CB just to replace him with another. He'll stay. Bet on it.

But that is JMO.

Let your son know that the secondary coach has paid with his job as the scapegoat for JD.
I agree with the above posters. The contract was front-loaded, and he will be acceptable as a nickel corner. The problem with this and with MM's injury is that we MUST upgrade this year with a high draft pick AND a free agent.

He is now cheap and not worth cutting and some day we may add a cover 2 look and he will have some value.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom