Jason Garrett has been fired as Cowboys HC (1 Viewer)

Despite rumors to the contrary, media outlets around Dallas are reporting that Garrett was offered another job in the Cowboys organization. However, he declined, saying he wants to continue coaching elsewhere. It had been reported earlier that Jones did not intend to retain him in any other role.

Last edited:
Thanks, Alan for finding a way to link up the appropriate link to the website where the story just broke. I'm not a big fan of social media, I don't have a Twitter account or a Facebook profile perhaps I'm old-fashioned or find the whole phenomenon to be tedious or extremely value my privacy.

Either way, thanks for posting the Twitter ESPN Breaking News link conforming my story.
It’s all good, Saintman2884. I had checked the crawl on the bottom of NFL Network and ESPN but didn’t see anything so I checked Werder’s twitter and saw that 2nd and 3rd tweet and that’s when I saw the 1st one I linked from the Sportscenter twitter.

I just wanted to make sure you didn’t get duped by one of those spam/troll accounts that try to post phoney information to see how many people run with it before they realize it’s fake. :9:

Despite rumors to the contrary, media outlets around Dallas are reporting that Garrett was offered another job in the Cowboys organization. However, he declined, saying he wants to continue coaching elsewhere. It had been reported earlier that Jones did not intend to retain him in any other role.
Sounds like coach speak for im going to watch football at my house and critique on it

Last edited:
I'm actually wondering if we just found the favorite for the Panthers HC job
Perfect Candidate. I posted when Ron got fired how he would be a good fit for that team. If he goes there every year the Sants will be the favored to win the division.

This has been the weirdest firing process that I've ever seen in nearly 50 years of watching football.

This is Jerry Jones signature at its finest.

He's kept the Cowboys out front for the last 4 days with the media begging and guessing what was going on and speculating what was going to happen.

It's the Jerry Jones show and as long as he keeps the Cowboys out front he's making money on his brand.

He could not care less that his antics are compared to a circus or a medicine show!!

...if only Jerry had half this level of respect for Tom Landry.

Just sayin'...

:gosaints:
Don't know much bout Landry but I'm sure he would never let Jerry toy with him like that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom