Jason Garrett Is Now The Giants OC (1 Viewer)

Garrett strikes me as the type that will probably do better in a Coordinator role.

We know he's not a CEO type head guy, and not a very good motivator but by all accounts has X's and O's knowledge from his days as a QB.

Not going to knock this move until we see what kind of job he does as a playcaller, game planner for a few games. Think this more about Judge trying to create a staff where he's surrounded by guys with Head coaching experience, so he can run ideas by them; get input as he's never been a Head coach himself before.

I seem to be in the minority thinking this is a ridiculously stupid hire. I don’t see him as any kind of offensive mastermind. My perception isn’t him as any kind of an X’s and O’s guy. I see him as a motivator, and not a good one at that. I felt bad for Giants fans but they seem to embrace this move. I would be P'Oed beyond measure if my team did this.

The only thing that makes sense is he isn’t actually the offensive coordinator. He is being hired more as a QB coach to try and develop Jones. That would make some sense. But to put your offense in his control just seems bizarre. Has to be a glorified consultant position since he knows the NFC east better than the head coach.

I seem to be in the minority thinking this is a ridiculously stupid hire. I don’t see him as any kind of offensive mastermind. My perception isn’t him as any kind of an X’s and O’s guy. I see him as a motivator, and not a good one at that. I felt bad for Giants fans but they seem to embrace this move. I would be P'Oed beyond measure if my team did this.
He was OC in Dallas before becoming the head coach and had the second ranked offense in the NFL in 2007 with Romo at QB. Dallas went 13-3 that year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom