Jason Garrett To Interview For Second Time With Falcons.... (1 Viewer)

McKay isn't being phased out completely. He rubber-stamped the hiring of Tom Dimitroff and still has the ear of Blank. While Dimitroff has to be an improvement over McKay, the Falcons organization is still going to be fundmentally dysfunctional as long as McKay is pulling puppet strings.

As far as Garrett goes, he isn't comporable to Sean Payton in the least. He isn't anywhere close to as proven as Payton was when we got him. He's more of a Eric Mangini-type move then a Sean Payton-type move.

Well I guess he hit the $$$. ESPN reporting he's staying with Dallas. Sean Payton said he thought if Jerry was the last to meet with him that he would stay.

Before you ask David it's ESPN...ESPN....ESPN :hihi:

Last edited:
IMO, It would have been a mistake to take the HC job in Atlanta - that vacancy needs an experienced coach who will be tough enough to deal with the seemingly immature players on that team, as well as all the other issues they have going on now. They need a QB, they need WRs, Dunn is getting older and Norwood probably needs a better coach to succeed, Crumpler aging, poor O-line play, defense that needs some revamping, not to mention the F.O. issues.

I don't really have much to say about the Baltimore job except you're competing with the AFC, and that's a big task for a first time HC.

Dallas is/was his best option, IMO

They were talking yesterday on ESPN NFL Live and saying that Garrett would be making a HUGE mistake by going to Atlanta. Sean Salsbury said that anyone going to Atlanta is looking to get fired, not coach.

My question is knowing what happened with Petrino and then Cameron, who would really want to step foot in Atlanta knowing that they are in complete shambles...FO, players, Coaching, etc? I mean, there are still vacancies in Washington and Baltimore and Indianapolos, which are light years ahead of the Falcons. Honestly, I haven't even heard of Cameron's name being mentioned for an OC spot, so I think he got a HUGE black mark against him for the way the Dolphins did last year.

I look for Atlanta to be the last team to fill their need and see a repeat of what happened in Oakland with the last minute hiring of Shell....because no one else really wanted the job. The question is, can someone come in soon enough to make a splash in FA? If the next person comes in, who is going to want out...i.e. Hall and will they try to trade some players to stockpile draft picks?

I really think the only person who could come in and have the respect of the players and not be expected to make the playoffs would be Marty S. He'd be nothing more than a 2-3 year stop gap to build a team and make them atleast respectable.....5-11 or 6-10. Any other candidates that you see could come in knowing that it would be an uphill battle and actually make it beyond a season or two?

Well I guess he hit the $$$. ESPN reporting he's staying with Dallas. Sean Payton said he thought if Jerry was the last to meet with him that he would stay.

Before you ask David it's ESPN...ESPN....ESPN :hihi:
I heard NFL network this AM say he was staying in Dallas as a $3+M/ year coordinator.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom