Jason Garrett To Interview For Second Time With Falcons.... (1 Viewer)

St. Anger

Guaranteed A Red Thumb
Reaction score
Per ESPN News, Garrett interviews a second time with the Falcons. So now it seem as though Pete Carroll and Jason Garrett are the front runners. A second interview should be interesting. Maybe the Cowboys OC mystique has carried over with the success of Sean Peyton.

I thought Pete Carroll was no longer considered an option? When was Garrett's first interview?

I'd rather have Garrett going to the Falcons. I don't think think he'll be able to make an impact there and that would put the organization behind by another 3-4 years..:smilielol:

Garrett was not a part of the system that Parcells and Payton were. I think he did a good job in his ONE year, but think that a situation like the Falcons may be too much for him to handle. They are in complete shambles. I don't think that someone like Carroll could even do a good job there. They need a coach that has experience and in turning things around. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Marty get a call or even Haslett. They didn't take their teams to the promise land, but have taken teams in complete dissaray and turned them into winning records and a few playoff appearances. Blank NEEDS an instant impact!!!! His dome isn't selling out and that means hard dollars lost in his pocket and money to spend on FA's. I just don't think Garrett could provide that ability. So on that note...Blank pull the trigger and hire Garrett so we can pencil in two wins before the season starts:9:

Wow why interview a 2nd time when the Ravens already offered him the job?

but think that a situation like the Falcons may be too much for him to handle. They are in complete shambles.

Good point but in his defense, Peyton walked into a franchise that didn't even know if they would call New Orleans home. The team finished 3-13, came to a city that was basically on its knees, started a whole new system with virtually new players and he made it to the NFC Champonship in one year. Yes, the fans, the city and essentially the country were behind the Saints. The Falcons are coming off major in house problems so there is a major difference but stranger things have happened.

The Falcons just hired a new GM and McKay is being phased out. They're in more than shambles. They've been firebombed like Dresden.

Man this is CRAZY Garrett has what. one year as an OC on a decent offense NEVER been a HC anywhere and only one yr in a supervisor position and now their throwing HC positions at him ?? no wonder these teams are in disarray Next JT Curtis will be the Falcons new HC

It's just fun to see cowboy land in turmoil. They go 13 and 3, yet the cowboy nation is in freakout mode. Aint it grand.

My Advice to Garratt. Stay with the Cowboys. You will eventually become HC there. Safer bet

Garrett better take one of those jobs while his name is HOT or he may be like Ron Rivera off the radar.Do you hear anyone talking about him this year?

is this desperation by the falcons? - seems with the issues they have had in recent weeks they need a proven leader.

did they interview anyone other than Carrol and Garret? seems like Singletary has more skins on the wall that Garret, and would have immediate respect in the locker room - unless they just want to go with an offensive minded coach

Garrett is doing the same thing to Atlanta that Bill Parcells did. He's using them to negotiate a better deal with either B-more or to stay home and collect a fatter paycheck from JJ.

I must say, couldn't happen to a better team LOL

is this desperation by the falcons? - seems with the issues they have had in recent weeks they need a proven leader.

did they interview anyone other than Carrol and Garret? seems like Singletary has more skins on the wall that Garret, and would have immediate respect in the locker room - unless they just want to go with an offensive minded coach

They had to have at least interviewed on minority cnadidate...

The Falcons just hired a new GM and McKay is being phased out. They're in more than shambles. They've been firebombed like Dresden.

They've hired the Pats' director of college scouting. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he'll do a good job in evaluating youngsters for the new coach. A couple years from now, the birds can be right back in the mix.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom