Jason Pierre-Paul (1 Viewer)

Isn't Hayden just that; injury proned? DE & OG are priorities, imo.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Is he ? Pass on him too. I've seen enough hurt dbs this season to last the rest of this decade.I hadn't really kept up with him. I just know that the couple times I watched him he really shined. Greer really meant a lot to our defense and would like to get another like him, but who saw him coming ?

Is he ? Pass on him too. I've seen enough hurt dbs this season to last the rest of this decade.I hadn't really kept up with him. I just know that the couple times I watched him he really shined. Greer really meant a lot to our defense and would like to get another like him, but who saw him coming ?
Whoops my bad. Unless you meant Joe Haden & not DJ Hayden, Saints shouldn't even bother.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

I'm not familiar with the Giant's D-line. Is it pretty talented outside of JPP?

The reason I ask is, is his production assisted by having a lot of talent around him, or is it all on him?

I feel like Cam Jordan has proven his worth because he was productive even when he had no talent next to him. But what if JPP has a lot of talent around him, and that's why he's done as well as he has?

I ask because I literally just don't know. If the DTs are just average, then chances are he's the real deal. Maybe someone that is more familiar with the rest of their d-line could chime in?

We need a true shut down corner. Could we possibly get Hayden ?
Pass on a guy that is injured.......

I'd rather get a CB that's a notch behind Hayden's cost. A good solid corner. We sign a marquee name, it will limit what else we can do too much.

I wonder what Prince Amakumara or AJ Bouye would cost us?

I'm not familiar with the Giant's D-line. Is it pretty talented outside of JPP?

The reason I ask is, is his production assisted by having a lot of talent around him, or is it all on him?

I feel like Cam Jordan has proven his worth because he was productive even when he had no talent next to him. But what if JPP has a lot of talent around him, and that's why he's done as well as he has?

I ask because I literally just don't know. If the DTs are just average, then chances are he's the real deal. Maybe someone that is more familiar with the rest of their d-line could chime in?

Yes Giants line is fairly talented outside of JPP. Him and Olivier Vernon are 1a and 1b with Vernon probably being 1a. Both are bookends that generated most of the the pressure. The reason the Giants defense had so much success this year is because they could rush 4 and drop 7 in coverage allowing for maximum flexibility coverage wise. Vernon is on the level or close to what Cam Jordan is for us in my opinion. Pass rushes well, stops the run well complete DE. The Giants have two very good DT's however they are not elite. One being John Hankins who is a 24 year old rising player at DT that is a FA and might be the reason JPP walks with Hankins getting big money and Vernon on the hook for 17mil a year. Their other DT is Damon 'Snacks' Harrison who is an elite run stopper but a subpar pass rusher. Their DTs do not rival our combo of Fairley/Rankins. JPP on this line would allow Dennis Allen to consistently drop 7 in coverage and not worry about pressure. All 4 of JPP, Fairley, Rankins and Cam can run stop and pass rush at a near equal rate. This would open us up to improving LB and DB in the draft. Most want a vet Cb as do I but thinking you gonna get a bargain with the salary cap increase? Unlikely since FA always has inflated $ being thrown at FA. Are they worth that much? No but thats what its going to take to bring those type of players in. And missing on those players is a whole of a lot better than not trying. Because not trying to acquire elite defensive talent (thats the level JPP was playing at I saw ppl pointing at his sack totals coming mainly in two games but Cam only had 7.5 sacks this year too but is still a top 5 DE, also JPP had double digit TFL before he got hurt man was playing at a high level with the pressures too) in Drews last years would just be a crime. We need to go all in and this would be that type of signing. His injury will cause the $ to be a bit lower which could be great for getting a long term deal done. As far as impact signings go I dont think any defensive FA could make a bigger impact at CB or LB

I'd Prefer Mario Addison just based on personality. Has more of a sickem attitude which is what you want from the WDE in this scheme. Older than Pierre Paul so likely comes cheaper as a 3 year deal would put him at 33 and no way they are going to give him big money. Not many teams will. Should make a major play for him.

I'd Prefer Mario Addison just based on personality. Has more of a sickem attitude which is what you want from the WDE in this scheme. Older than Pierre Paul so likely comes cheaper as a 3 year deal would put him at 33 and no way they are going to give him big money. Not many teams will. Should make a major play for him.

Sickem attitude? Haha thats a weak argument my friend..Ok but why take someone with one year of production that could be a one year wonder vs a proven commodity? Also he only played in 433 snaps last year..JPP logged 793 before getting hurt..he did not come off the field. Can he handle a full workload? That remains to be seen. JPP had the hernia surgery but he is still more of a proven commodity than Addison and no doubt a better player which would make a bigger impact on our defense imo.

Sickem attitude? Haha thats a weak argument my friend..Ok but why take someone with one year of production that could be a one year wonder vs a proven commodity? Also he only played in 433 snaps last year..JPP logged 793 before getting hurt..he did not come off the field. Can he handle a full workload? That remains to be seen. JPP had the hernia surgery but he is still more of a proven commodity than Addison and no doubt a better player which would make a bigger impact on our defense imo.

If you've ever read the Seahawks articles where Peat Carrol describes the type of guy he wants at each defensive position down to personality then you'll understand the argument is anything but weak. Anyhow I researched 4-2-5 defense and one of the quotes on the DE was similar in so many words.

https://joedanielfootball.com/425defensekeystosuccess/

A wild man at the weak end position. Someone you can really cut loose. He should lead your team in sacks, and be able to run down plays from the back side. While he may not be as technically sound as others, he makes things happen.

Only a small bit of my logo however. As far as your other question Mario Addison is 30. JPP is 28. Age alone will force one to get paid less. Addison has 10 fingers, JPP doesn't. In 3 years (have no clue where you got your 1 year wonder claim) JPP has 20.5 sacks. In that same stretch Mario Addison had 22 as a 3rd down rusher. (Granted JPP had his injury).

Finally JPP is more DE and Roman Harper said the defense is more 3-4 than 4-3 suggesting we'll be looking for an OLB body type. Keep in mind we also signed Kruger who was a former OLB. Addison is 6'2 6'3 255-260 and has been used as a standup rusher. JPP is more DE and is generally asked to rush from a 3 point stance rarely if ever being allowed to rush from a 2point.

We don't need a star DE just a good complimentary player and Addison fits the bill plus he shouldn't break the bank. FWIW I'd be fine with either but I obviously have a preference for Addison that's rooted in several logics.

If you've ever read the Seahawks articles where Peat Carrol describes the type of guy he wants at each defensive position down to personality then you'll understand the argument is anything but weak. Anyhow I researched 4-2-5 defense and one of the quotes on the DE was similar in so many words.

https://joedanielfootball.com/425defensekeystosuccess/

Only a small bit of my logo however. As far as your other question Mario Addison is 30. JPP is 28. Age alone will force one to get paid less. Addison has 10 fingers, JPP doesn't. In 3 years (have no clue where you got your 1 year wonder claim) JPP has 20.5 sacks. In that same stretch Mario Addison had 22 as a 3rd down rusher. (Granted JPP had his injury).

Finally JPP is more DE and Roman Harper said the defense is more 3-4 than 4-3 suggesting we'll be looking for an OLB body type. Keep in mind we also signed Kruger who was a former OLB. Addison is 6'2 6'3 255-260 and has been used as a standup rusher. JPP is more DE and is generally asked to rush from a 3 point stance rarely if ever being allowed to rush from a 2point.

We don't need a star DE just a good complimentary player and Addison fits the bill plus he shouldn't break the bank. FWIW I'd be fine with either but I obviously have a preference for Addison that's rooted in several logics.

Huh never read it before, good read man but I think JPP has a sickem mentality as well, would have to if you keep racking up sacks and TFLs after losing fingers. I thought Kruger was a former OLB that is now a converted 4-3 DE with his hand in the dirt. I remember reading about how he said he was making the adjustment to always having your hand in the ground. Your saying that we are looking for the OLB type build wise to man the other spot besides Cam? I think we are just looking for the best pass rusher opposite Jordan which is why we signed Kruger. I think they are just looking for the best pass rush threat opposite Cam. Addison will for sure be cheaper than JPP could be an option.

Huh never read it before, good read man but I think JPP has a sickem mentality as well, would have to if you keep racking up sacks and TFLs after losing fingers. I thought Kruger was a former OLB that is now a converted 4-3 DE with his hand in the dirt. I remember reading about how he said he was making the adjustment to always having your hand in the ground. Your saying that we are looking for the OLB type build wise to man the other spot besides Cam? I think we are just looking for the best pass rusher opposite Jordan which is why we signed Kruger. I think they are just looking for the best pass rush threat opposite Cam. Addison will for sure be cheaper than JPP could be an option.

If you can't find a guy that can do both get a run stopper. Edebali and Boom were both vying for the spot but couldn't hold up against the run. So we went with the equivalent of Kevin Williams. A better run stopper than passrusher at this point in his career. Moved on from Williams first chance we got to upgrade with Fairly who actually finished worse against the run than Williams did a year ago but better against the pass so we don't mind the sacrifice if the passrush is good.

Kikaha at 6'2 250 was supposed to be the starter there too. You could be right not saying I am but based on Kruger standing up a solid deal and along with bush and in the dirt as well as us running basically the same scheme as 2013 when Junior was 6'2 258 at RDE and I'd say the odds that it's a guy like Charles Harris/Takk Mckinnley/ Lawson that we are looking at vs the bigger DEs is fairly high.

Free agent pass rushers tend to get top money and given how deep this draft is I hope we draft a DE and get Kevin Zeitler and AJ Bouye in free agency.

Makes me think of Lawrence Taylor going on about being like a "pack of crazed dogs".

Somebody is going to pay elite money for a good player. As others have said, I think we can get an impact defensive player in the draft, so why overpay? Targeting an inconsistent 7 fingered pass rusher in free agency is the type of move that got us in cap trouble to begin with.

I'd rather get a CB that's a notch behind Hayden's cost. A good solid corner. We sign a marquee name, it will limit what else we can do too much.

I wonder what Prince Amakumara or AJ Bouye would cost us?

Just under what Melvin Ingram would cost, around 11.1 mill a year. You could structure it the same way we did Jordan's at 5-6 mill in the first year.

We could honestly sign them both but that would be our two big splash signings.

You'd have to make some cap space for next year though.

I would rather go all in on the d-line and o=line and sign some good up and coming corners, look at what Glenn got out of Moore and Crawley.

Draft BPA maybe get a stud CB or another stud pass rusher in the draft to just add more depth.

We could come out of this off-season absolutely loaded with talent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom