Jason Pierre-Paul? (1 Viewer)

RaginSaint93

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Surprise I didn't see this posted...What is your honest opinion of Pierre-Paul in a black and gold uniform? As much as we are in desperate need of pass rusher, I do not want us to be put into another Brandon Browner situation, I like Jason but he already won like 2 super bowls and there is a reason why the Giants are cutting him, "Salary cap." I can just picture him getting us 15 flags per game in my head already :covri:

http://www.canalstreetchronicles.co...un-free-agency-approach-jason-pierre-paul-nfl

He's averaged just about 6 sacks a year since his 16.5 sack year his sophomore season in 2011. Granted he has had some injuries (duh), but I would not be comfortable paying a hefty price for his services.

There will be a team that overpays him. I just don't want to be that team. I think there are/will be better values than JPP.

The Giants aren't cutting him... he's a free agent and by all accounts, he's a free agent that they very much want to bring back.

All about what the Saints looking for. If Saints brass want JPP they will get him. Just like they did with Byrd. So who knows what Loomis and SP want. I tell yea what though. JPP is a pass rusher and he gets to the QB and make him rush his throws or its a sack. Hes the best in the business right now. So, its up to SP. 4 year deal would be nice for JPP. But i doubt Giants let him go. Then concentrate on CB, G, MLB, OLB

He's not even the best pass rusher on the giants and you bet your *** he wants to cash in this year. He's probably out of the league in 2-3 years he's fallen off a cliff. It's quite telling how the giants addressed DE last year, how they feel about JPP the one handed, one year wonder.

He's an option but i hear he wants a long term contract and isn't giving any discounts and I don't think the open end position is as important as Jordan's closed end position so i can't see us breaking the bank for him. I have a feeling after resigning Fairley any DE we pursue will be of the discounted kind along with a passrusher from the draft just because its cheaper than some big named DE. When you already have Jordan making 10ish a year along with Fairley will probably squeezing about 7-8 its kind of hard to agree to add another big named high contract rusher. Especially when the strong side ends job makes the weakside ends job easier.

Agree he is getting pressures but not able to finish play. Still giveing you starter quality snaps. Someone gonna over pay. Hope it's not us. Although he is a scheme fit.

his missing digits has to be a detriment to him and his ability to grasp the qb to get him to the ground. I personally don't think he would work out here and I really don't want the Saints to sign him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom