Jason Smith's contract numbers (1 Viewer)

RaisingTheBar

The Voice of Reason
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
@RavensInsider: Jason Smith Saints deal: $780,000 total, $65,000 bonus, $715,000 salary. Salary cap $620,000 minimum salary benefit.

He was added for competition/depth but i can assure you LT is still on our primary needs list. SP isn't sleeping any better with Smith signed than he was the day b4 smith was signed.

Hopefully he pleasantly surprises all of us.
I am not as down on our line as most, but I do agree that we need to draft a tackle

Amazing how much of the information on Saints' free agency comes from the Ravens insider instead of NOLA reporters.

#2, get it?

Just kidding. Couldn't resist.

austin-powers1.jpg

I think he will surprise and dominate in camp and win one of the tackle spots, if it wasn't for his head injury he would be developed fine but after bouncing to a new team and finally being healthy and getting minutes he graded out positive for the jets, they just didnt keep him because he isnt worth 12 million lol but I firmly believe on a good offense with 2pro bowl guards next to him and Brees at QB he will have a career year.

He has played for two ground and pound teams in the Rams and Jets.

Isn't his strength pass blocking? Charles Brown, Marcel Jones, Jason Smith, Zach Strief...may the best two win.

I think he will surprise and dominate in camp and win one of the tackle spots, if it wasn't for his head injury he would be developed fine but after bouncing to a new team and finally being healthy and getting minutes he graded out positive for the jets, they just didnt keep him because he isnt worth 12 million lol but I firmly believe on a good offense with 2pro bowl guards next to him and Brees at QB he will have a career year.

100% agree. Not to mention, making this small amount of $$$ may humble him and make him work hard to get better. Hopefully.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom