Jason Taylor and Dolphins decide to part ways (1 Viewer)

canuckredux

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=113524

Yahoo! Sports reports that Jason Taylor and the Dolphins have "decided to part ways" this offseason.

Taylor has left the Miami area to prepare for Dancing with the Stars, and both sides have agreed to a trade is for the best. There were rumors about Green Bay's interest Saturday, although that has proven premature. Miami can probably pick up a couple of solid draft picks for Taylor, 33. Mar. 1 - 8:41 pm et
Source: Yahoo! Sports

He's still got a few more good years left in him. I know that DE is not an area of need and we're HIGHLY unlikely to go after him, but I just wanted to break the news on this board. :hihi:

Let the "let's move Grant to DT" posts begin!

i'd offer a pick for him definitely. wasn't he defensive player of the year like two years ago? imagine the rotation with him, grant, and smith. monsters!

Let's lose our minds for a minute.

Imagine if we got Taylor and Briggs.
I'd lose 3 teaspoons in my boxers for starters,then I'd drink to our Superbowl ticket being punched.

i'd offer a pick for him definitely. wasn't he defensive player of the year like two years ago? imagine the rotation with him, grant, and smith. monsters!
Offer a pick (21 or 22 year old with nothing but upside) for a 33 year old guy that may not even start for us? Were you the General manager of the Raiders when they had Gannon, Rice, Lott...etc? Please don't try and encourage Loomis on this one.

Dolphins will have a top 3 pick next year

We reported earlier in the day that rumors of a trade that would send Fins defensive end Jason Taylor to the Packers for a second- and fourth-round pick in the 2008 draft are premature.

But, as Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports reports, a divorce between Taylor and the Dolphins is coming.

Per Cole, the team and the player have agreed to an amicable split. But, as we've pointed out, no one has consulted with Taylor about whether he'd accept a trade to Green Bay (or anywhere). So don't look for anything to happen soon.

Certainly, Taylor will be a key component of any conversations regarding a trade. But he's currently occupied with preparations for Dancing with the Stars, and to the extent that he's interested in parlaying the exposure into a post-football career in Hollywood playing roles other than himself or a prison guard in The Longest Yard II, Taylor needs to stick around as long as possible in the competition.

So he'll need to focus. And that could mean that he won't have the time or the inclination to deal with exploring opportunities in other NFL cities or worrying about the terms of a new contract.

Thus, while Cole thinks a deal will be done before the draft, the major sticking point could be Taylor sticking around Dancing with the Stars deep into April.

per pft

I hear the packers offered 2nd and 4th round picks....and the Vikings offered 2nd and 3rd round picks....I want no part of that.

We didn't get in on any of the DT trades....we won't pay more for a DE then move our current DE to DT

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom