jason whitlock said trade teddy (1 Viewer)

sidwin

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
very reminiscent of pats trading garopolo. jason said trade him while his stock is high 5-0 to a team for a top 7 corner and get a first round because drew wants to play till 45....

whitlock said since teddy is a UFA next year anyway and his stock is high... brees is back we would be crazy to not entertain calls.

1st rounder and top 5 player.... miami, chicago, are a couple of teams they said would want teddy.....

man so hard to think about that but to be honest if this was last year it would be a no brainer. i was one of the first said we needed to trade for teddy and all my friends thought i was nuts considering what we gave up to get him and how much we paid for him this year.

the bears....
colin cowherd just called it
With that defense and those skills.... they can still save their season.

The “trade and sign” doesn’t happen for QBs in mid season. Their cost/value/need is too high for any potential starting QB to not test the open market.

The Rams just did something similar for Ramsey. It's not impossible.

Ramsey has another year left, Teddy would be a half season rental.

At the trade deadline, the teams buying players about to be free agents are contenders - otherwise it makes no sense.

How many contenders need a QB so badly that they would trade a first round pick to get one? I can’t think of one team in that situation right now. Chiefs avoided that scenario with Mahomes injury. Who else?

a part of me is so happy for teddy. i've watched him play for a while and he's just a great dude. when i said we needed him when he was with the jets, i saw how he carved up the defense saying... wow we need a backup like that.

bittersweet indeed. he's going to get paid but the bears would be a very good fit for him. but to get a 1st rounder and top player.... saints have a relationship with ryan pace the GM at chicago....it wouldn't surprise me... 9 more days before deadline.....

We will get a 3rd round compensatory pick when he leaves..

Unless Chicago would offer Roquan Smith and a 1st, then I keep the best backup in the league
So you're the GM and they offer you a 1st. Or they offer you Roquan. You not taking either offer?

You'd rather a QB sitting on the bench that we won't be able to sign next year instead?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom