jason whitlock said trade teddy (1 Viewer)

AJ Green and Bengals 1st for our 2nd, 4th, and TB?

The Bengals could have the first pick in the draft. They aren’t going to give that and their best player to us. I think they give Ryan Finley a shot after the bye week and if he doesn’t pan out they draft one for the top QBs next year.

I mean - if you actually think about it - the absurdity of this is laughable. There's reason we made him the highest-paid backup in the league. We are in total WIN NOW mode and we needed an insurance policy if Drew went down. That's still the case. If we deal him, we'd be right there in the market offering as much money as possible to the highest-caliber backup we could find.

Or... we could simply keep the guy we've ALREADY GOT - who knows the system and is proven.

AJ Green and Bengals 1st for our 2nd, 4th, and TB?

Cincy is going to draft a QB. Dalton has 1 year left on his contract and there is no dead cap if Cincy walks away at the end of the year. Perfect spot to draft a top QB.

I’m certainly not opposed to it but how much do you think we could get halfway through the season with him heading into free agency?

Would it end up being enough to make it worth our while?
It would have to be a desperate team who can make the playoffs and in need of a QB.

Chicago is a prime example of that very team. If they feel like the season is slipping away, they could very well make the move and offer up more than we think we could get.

Plus they just witnessed him in person embarrassing their great defense on their home turf. What do you think the execs are thinking after watching the game against the Saints? Uh, yeah this could be a thing.

The Bengals could have the first pick in the draft. They aren’t going to give that and their best player to us. I think they give Ryan Finley a shot after the bye week and if he doesn’t pan out they draft one for the top QBs next year.

But they will use the 1st pick to draft a QB that may or may not pan out as opposed to drafting TB (who is already established) with your first round essentially if you're the Bengals. On top of that, they will have our 2nd round pick and 4th to build through the draft.

We can use that 1st pick for Tua/Burrow or Chase Young

I’m certainly not opposed to it but how much do you think we could get halfway through the season with him heading into free agency?

Would it end up being enough to make it worth our while?
miami was a horrible fit for teddy... but his agent would be smart to broker a deal to chicago. They could a try and buy. Now the question is what we would take for him... 1st rounder?? CB?? either way that would be pretty dang good. GM is in a hot spot.... we've seen them do more to save their job especially consider HTH u trade up for trubisky and leave mahommes and jackson.....

But they will use the 1st pick to draft a QB that may or may not pan out as opposed to drafting TB (who is already established) with your first round essentially if you're the Bengals. On top of that, they will have our 2nd round pick and 4th to build through the draft.

A top 3 pick is so valuable. Nobody is trading that for Teddy. We don’t even have a 2nd. We traded it to the Dolphins.

If Brees is healthy, and there is a team out there with a projected top 10 pick that's willing to give up that 1st rounder.... Yep, you do it in a heartbeat... Otherwise, you keep him, and get your 3rd round comp pick when he leaves in the off season.

I can see teams like Denver, San Diego, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, Bears and Redskins making a play for him... the question would be how bad they want him before there is a bidding war for him.

how genius would it be to teddy was going to miami... his agent called loomis and said match the money or teddy walks... loomis matches the money, uses him to get us 6-1. then trades him back to miami for a 2nd round pick and their star CB :).... would be hilarious.

If Brees is healthy, and there is a team out there with a projected top 10 pick that's willing to give up that 1st rounder.... Yep, you do it in a heartbeat... Otherwise, you keep him, and get your 3rd round comp pick when he leaves in the off season.
i didn't know we would be guaranteed a 3rd rounder if a UFA leaves.
man these guys are all calling for drastic changes for chicago.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom