jason whitlock said trade teddy (1 Viewer)

very reminiscent of pats trading garopolo. jason said trade him while his stock is high 5-0 to a team for a top 7 corner and get a first round because drew wants to play till 45....

man so hard to think about that but to be honest if this was last year it would be a no brainer. i was one of the first said we needed to trade for teddy and all my friends thought i was nuts considering what we gave up to get him and how much we paid for him this year.

While the TRADE logic may seem fine, the psychological and morale damage could be crippling. The team likes TB and has learned to play well with him at the head. The old 'bird in the hand' adage should be heeded.

While the TRADE logic may seem fine, the psychological and morale damage could be crippling. The team likes TB and has learned to play well with him at the head. The old 'bird in the hand' adage should be heeded.
The players like and support every player on the team. The players all understand that players get traded. Bridgewater will be giving up the helm either this week or next, regardless of if he's traded or not.

man can you imagine being loomis this week..... i'm betting teddy's agent probably had the talk with loomis. if teddy could get a 3 year 60m deal why wouldn't he do it especially with a team like the bears. in 14 weeks, he's out of here if brees wants to play another season anyways.

i plan on riding my bike with him next week to the dome :)

A team could offer a trade and talk to teddy and his agent and agree to a contract before the trade.
Agreed. Chicago would be one that Teddy might agree with. Teddy and a 3rd rounder for Allen Robinson and a 1st. It's shoo
man can you imagine being loomis this week..... i'm betting teddy's agent probably had the talk with loomis. if teddy could get a 3 year 60m deal why wouldn't he do it especially with a team like the bears. in 14 weeks, he's out of here if brees wants to play another season anyways.

Would it be too far fetched to offer Teddy and a 3rd for Allen Robinson and a 1st? Awesome that you are doing the ride btw.

Would it be outlandish to offer Teddy and a 3rd round pick for Allen Robinson and a 1st?
So cool you get to ride with Teddy. Enjoy!

Agreed. Chicago would be one that Teddy might agree with. Teddy and a 3rd rounder for Allen Robinson and a 1st. It's shoo
Would it be too far fetched to offer Teddy and a 3rd for Allen Robinson and a 1st? Awesome that you are doing the ride btw.
Would it be outlandish to offer Teddy and a 3rd round pick for Allen Robinson and a 1st?
So cool you get to ride with Teddy. Enjoy!
Excuse all the extra posting. I'm a baby boomer using a phone. Definite handicap.

TB is not going anywhere this year. I don’t care if you guarantee me the #1 pick in the draft. Brees hasn’t played a single down after his surgery and you want to trade the insurance policy that will give us the best chance to win the SB outside of Brees that is presently on this team? Stop being greedy! It’s not like we play for the SB every year. Don’t kill the karma.

Put aside all the draft capital arguments. Why would you trade TB to an NFC team? Then why would you trade him to a team that however remote it might be you could be facing in a playoff scenario?
TB isnt going to be traded. If you want to dump a QB you could try for a 5th for Hill after all he is a FA next season too.

TB is not going anywhere this year. I don’t care if you guarantee me the #1 pick in the draft. Brees hasn’t played a single down after his surgery and you want to trade the insurance policy that will give us the best chance to win the SB outside of Brees that is presently on this team? Stop being greedy! It’s not like we play for the SB every year. Don’t kill the karma.
Just having fun speculating. However something is definitely up with all the roster spots opened up.

It would be crazy to trade Bridgewater.
But I'd listen to a crazy trade offer.
The bidding would have to start at a young pro bowler plus a 1st & 3rd round pick.

I could see a team giving a 2nd rounder and I would pull the trigger. If Drew doesn’t come back strong then Teddy is unlikely to get us to a super Bowl . I truly don’t think Taysom is much of a step down from Teddy if any at all anyway. I think Drew wants to play be on this year so Teddy is gone at the end of this year anyway. He’ll get 15-20 million and it won’t be from us.

Drew is going to be playing with a brace after the trade deadline. I say don't cash out the insurance policy
This here. I would rather know that we have a good backup through this season. I mean if brees comes back and teddy is still undefeated his stock isnt going to fall. I get we may need a cb but i feel good about the guys we have on defense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom