N/S Javon Kinlaw goes off on San Fran beat writer. (1 Viewer)

I like this Cohn fella! Kinlaw comes off like a savage animal -- not the best representative of the 49ers and their roster.

Wait A Damn Minute GIFs | Tenor

The search is over in the Bay area for their next public relations representative. Hire the man BRAH!

It's pretty wild how divided the comments are on this guys page. Some people feel like his history of criticisms against Javon are completely validated, some feel like Cohn is not professional in the way he "critiques" players and totally has an arse-whoopin' coming.

I guess I need to deep div into his channel and form my own opinion.

After reading through retweets it appears that every 9er player that has publicly commented backs Kinlaw 100%.

They took real exception to the "I can retire today" comment and feels it speaks to a mindset that Cohn is purposefully antagonizing them to provoke them.

After reading through retweets it appears that every 9er player that has publicly commented backs Kinlaw 100%.

They took real exception to the "I can retire today" comment and feels it speaks to a mindset that Cohn is purposefully antagonizing them to provoke them.
I think the lesson here is that NFL teams issue credentials to reporters who have little to no professional courtesy, and Javon Kinlaw and several 49ers (former and current) called it out today. Good for them. If people did to most of us what "fans" and "bloggers" do to football players ROUTINELY many of us would be in jail for our responses. Kinlaw went at him the way he knows how. Respect for that, because he could have taken a lower road. Goodness knows most of us would have.

The player or the reporter?
After further investigation....(this was the only video I had seen prior to making my comment) Grant Kohn is scum. I don’t blame Kinlaw for reacting the way he did. BUT...Kinlaw could have and should have handled it a little more maturely. But whatever. Kohn is trash and Id pay to see a boxing match between these guys

It's pretty wild how divided the comments are on this guys page. Some people feel like his history of criticisms against Javon are completely validated, some feel like Cohn is not professional in the way he "critiques" players and totally has an arse-whoopin' coming.

I guess I need to deep div into his channel and form my own opinion.
I think both sides can be correct. The reporter being a jerk and Javon looking like a moron with how he handled that.

Yep, think that beat writer is a jerk, also still think Javon came across terribly in that video.

This guy is not a beat writer……YouTube personality is the correct nomenclature.

Two things:

1) it is pretty clear that Kinlaw isn’t an orator. But his point is well taken. These internet people sheet talk the athletes and criticize every mistake in bombastic fashion and have no recourse knowing they are behind a camera and keyboard.

2) Kinlaw just made this clown famous. Jim Rome comes immediately to mind.

Most media people who weren't former athletes are just dweebs that couldn't cut it in sports.

I resisted the urge to watch, but caved. Wish I hadn’t. There was maybe 2% meaningful dialogue in that exchange. Still don’t know what Cohn said that set Kinlaw off. And to be honest, now I really don’t care.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom