Javon Kinlaw (1 Viewer)

HAGZILLA

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I did not watch him play during the year. After watching some of his videos and looking back at the games, he might be the best player in the draft. He seems to be more athletic than Derrick Brown. I’ve seen some mock drafts that have him going in the late teens (17-19). Do you think the FO would consider moving up to get him if he is available then. He looks like a high motor hybrid DL/DE.

Dude is a stud

I love him as a prospect but if we are going to dip in to our precious few resources, it needs to be a position of need. DL is the one level of the defense where there is no need. It would be nice to add him, and we could use him, but we need LBs and CBs way more than we need another DL. I would pass on a trade up.

There is buzz he could go top 10, perhaps to the Panthers. He and CJ Henderson could be the two surprise picks.

I have seen many talk about him being a boom or bust. They are saying he has all the skills to be great, but has not really put it in place consistently.

He’s a beast, but I’d still have Derrick Brown ahead of him. Both him and Brown were monsters. Two of the better DTs prospects in while IMO

No I wouldn’t move up for him considering we have a beast when healthy in Sheldon Rankins, a guy we just resigned that gets better and better each game in David Onyemata, a big nose that we signed last year who I thought was damn good in Malcom Brown, and an undrafted guy who was a huge addition in Shy Tuttle. I would only add a DT by the way of UDFA cause in back to back years we picked up some good ones in Tuttle, Stallworth, and that other guy we traded to the Browns who was a beast in preseason (can’t think of his name). I would only draft a defensive end if we were to draft a defensive lineman and that’s not really a huge need IMO.

I don’t think we will move up in the first this year unless we really like Murray or Queen and our worried they won’t make it to us. I’m hoping both of them are on the board till the 20s. Maybe we move up after the 1st, but that would likely mean giving up picks next year. I would rather trade down later if we get Murray or Queen

Last edited:
I have seen many talk about him being a boom or bust. They are saying he has all the skills to be great, but has not really put it in place consistently.
I feel like this gets said about every defensive tackle prospect every year.

Not to derail too much. Didn’t we resign Mitchell Loewen? Do you think he’ll be converted to TE vs DE?

I love him as a prospect but if we are going to dip in to our precious few resources, it needs to be a position of need. DL is the one level of the defense where there is no need. It would be nice to add him, and we could use him, but we need LBs and CBs way more than we need another DL. I would pass on a trade up.

i
He’s a beast, but I’d still have Derrick Brown ahead of him. Both him and Brown were monsters. Two of the better DTs prospects in while IMO

No I wouldn’t move up for him considering we have a beast when healthy in Sheldon Rankins, a guy we just resigned that gets better and better each game in David Onyemata, a big nose that we signed last year who I thought was damn good in Malcom Brown, and an undrafted guy who was a huge addition in Shy Tuttle. I would only add a DT by the way of UDFA cause in back to back years we picked up some good ones in Tuttle, Stallworth, and that other guy we traded to the Browns who was a beast in preseason (can’t think of his name). I would only draft a defensive end if we were to draft a defensive lineman and that’s not really a huge need IMO.

I don’t think we will move up in the first this year unless we really like Murray or Queen and our worried they won’t make it to us. I’m hoping both of them are on the board till the 20s. Maybe we move up after the 1st, but that would likely mean giving up picks next year. I would rather trade down later if we get Murray or Queen

Same front 4 = Same Results. And unfortunately, Rankins will never be the same player. We need to win the line of scrimmage on both sides to win it all.
Also Derrick Brown played alongside Marlon Davidson who is a monster in his own right. All im saying is Kinlaw looks like he’s worth the price if he’s available in the middle of the first.

i

Same front 4 = Same Results. And unfortunately, Rankins will never be the same player. We need to win the line of scrimmage on both sides to win it all.
Also Derrick Brown played alongside Marlon Davidson who is a monster in his own right. All im saying is Kinlaw looks like he’s worth the price if he’s available in the middle of the first.

No way I would trade up for a position we don’t need to draft high. Even if the 26 year old Rankins is never any good again, which I disagree with, I still like Onyemata, Brown, Tuttle, Edwards, & Stallworth. I think the first 3 would be a damn good rotation. That’s 5 guys that can play in this league and not to mention Cam playing some 3 tech as well. We have proved time and time again we have a good eye for UDFA DTs as well.

We would likely have to cut Rankins or Tuttle unless you gonna keep 5 DTs on the roster. We not gonna cut Onyemata or Brown for sure. If we do keep 5 than we gonna have to roll with only 4 DEs. I rather have 5 DEs. Tuttle was only a rookie, so he will likely improve big time. I think he’s a future starter for sure unless he doesn’t improve at all.

Ive watched games were Kinlaw disappeared. I haven’t seen a game were Brown wasn’t a force to be reckoned with

Last edited:

His name was Davareo Lawrence. I probably didnt spell his name right but that's who he was lol

His name was Davareo Lawrence. I probably didnt spell his name right but that's who he was lol

Yes that’s it Devaroe Lawrence!! Thanks, his name slipped my mind probably cause we only had him for camp and the preseason. That was probably going to be one of our toughest cuts ever, but luckily we found someone to trade him too. We didn’t have room for him and that’s when we had Tyeler Davison and kept the other UDFA Taylor Stallworth cause he was more of a NT.

Right now we have Rankins, Onyemata, Tuttle, Edwards, and Cam who could all play 3 Tech IMO. And we got Brown, Stallworth, and the 6’6” 300 lb Jalen Dalton that can play NT. Then use any combo of Rankins, Onyemata, Tuttle, & Cam on passing downs. That’s 8 different guys that can play on the inside as of now. I know all those guys likely won’t make the team and we will probably bring in some UDFAs for camp.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom