Javon Walker (1 Viewer)

The Reports I've heard from Sirius, was that hes not happy with his role in the Offense (Marshall being the go to guy) I'd love to have him, but Colston is the go to guy here....It would be the same issue.

He's not from Texas but from Lafayette . He was a two sport star at St. Thomas Moore HS and my Secretary's daughter's best friend. He is an outstanding young man and a total team player. His recent troubles were not of the "ME" variety. He'd be great in Black and Gold.

hes from texas, idiot look it up

I guess I just can't see Denver cutting him outright, given what that they gave up to get him.

He has a $5.4 million roster bonus due in March (I think), so they do have reason to cut him.

I think Walker wants out of Denver cause the QB there is just not NFL ready at this point. I don't think Cutler will be the answer there, I had misgivings from since the Broncos traded up to get him. I see him in one game he is OK....the next he plays like Aaron Brooks.....I think Shanahan made a mistake with him....

Walker would give instant credibility to our WR group.....if Denver cuts him, I would jump to get him...he and Meachem would be awsome, and we could use Colston inside in the slot....Colston is great inside!

I disagree, sir. Cutler is going to be one fine quarterback in this league. He's already lightyears ahead of the two quarterbacks picked in front of him(Young and Leinart). I think once he learns to cut down on that one or two crucial mistakes a game he'll be fine. Not to mention the pass blocking for Denver wasn't good at all this year.

And as far as him saying that he wants out because of his lack of role in the offense..

Week 1: 9 for 119
Week 2: 8 for 101
Week 3: 2 for 10 but I think he got hurt this game.

Started playing again in week 13, he missed week 14, and then he never had more than 2 catches a game since he game back. But how healthy was he really? I seem to remember him not being on the field for a lot of the offensive snaps, so I'm sure the coaches didn't want to rush anything with his injury.

Who knows.

Walker is Stallworth all over again. Lots of potential but can't stay healthy. Great talent, complete opposite of Colston. He's more of a big play threat, very good after the catch as well. I wouldn't bank on him playing a full year ever again, nor would I trade for him, unless he was extremely cheap. We would be better off crossing our fingers with Meachem and hoping someone takes control of the #2 spot.

I disagree, sir. Cutler is going to be one fine quarterback in this league. He's already lightyears ahead of the two quarterbacks picked in front of him(Young and Leinart). I think once he learns to cut down on that one or two crucial mistakes a game he'll be fine. Not to mention the pass blocking for Denver wasn't good at all this year.

And as far as him saying that he wants out because of his lack of role in the offense..

Week 1: 9 for 119
Week 2: 8 for 101
Week 3: 2 for 10 but I think he got hurt this game.

Started playing again in week 13, he missed week 14, and then he never had more than 2 catches a game since he game back. But how healthy was he really? I seem to remember him not being on the field for a lot of the offensive snaps, so I'm sure the coaches didn't want to rush anything with his injury.

Who knows.

I'm not so sure about Cutler....he may be a fine QB in the future, but he ain't now....as you said, he does seem to make crucial mistakes in important games, and that reminds me of Brooks, although he can read defenses better.

Walker seems like the same type of player that Colston is, and to be honest I believe that we may need a deep threat like Bernard Berrian if we are going to lose Henderson. It is good to have diversity in your offense. I am not an NFL scout by any means, and my knowledge is just based off of my perception of what I have seen of these two players. Anyone else agree?

Walker seems like the same type of player that Colston is, and to be honest I believe that we may need a deep threat like Bernard Berrian if we are going to lose Henderson. It is good to have diversity in your offense. I am not an NFL scout by any means, and my knowledge is just based off of my perception of what I have seen of these two players. Anyone else agree?

I like Berrian better as well, we could use the speed and his hands are better than Devery's.

Walker had arthroscopic knee surgery earlier in the season. With cheaper guys like Ernest Wilford and Bryant Johnson on the market, I'm not sure I'd pursue Walker strongly unless he's released and willing to take on a decreased salary.

Excellent points, Dante.

Personally, I think it is a waiting game. Value can be had if Walker can be picked up eventually off of waivers. Chad Johnson may be a viable trade down the line, but not now. The Bengals still think they can keep him happy. If the Saints can wait long enough for the Bengals to become disenchanted, the Bengals may accept a fairer deal from a team like the Saints.

Nonetheless, I do think our FO will opt instead for an up-and-coming receiver like the two you mentioned, Ernest Wilford or Bryant Johnson or a receiver of similar stature.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom