Javon Walker (1 Viewer)

He's not from Texas but from Lafayette . He was a two sport star at St. Thomas Moore HS and my Secretary's daughter's best friend. He is an outstanding young man and a total team player. His recent troubles were not of the "ME" variety. He'd be great in Black and Gold.

We was born in Galveston but went to highschool in Lafayette. Even better if he wants to be close to home.

http://www.nfl.com/players/javonwalker/profile?id=WAL209632

I wouldn't have a problem with his signing but yes, I think there are more chances on getting a guy like Drew Carter or Bryant Johnson.

I think Chad Johnson will play with the bengals next year. I think the bengals will ask for big value for him and I am not sure a team will be willing to give the farm for him.

The key will be how much Denver is shopping Walker for. If they are looking for a high draft pick, I'd pass... but for a #4, I'd be all over that.

Take this with a grain of salt but rotoworld made the point that with his knee problems last season that they were not sure if anyone would make a trade for him. It would be nice to have him though.

Take this with a grain of salt but rotoworld made the point that with his knee problems last season that they were not sure if anyone would make a trade for him. It would be nice to have him though.

Very true... and just like with Vilma, of course, the guy would have to pass a physical before a trade could be executed.

I guess I just can't see Denver cutting him outright, given what that they gave up to get him.

I look at Walker as a younger version of Patten and an ideal opposite to Colston.

Again, I'm not for breaking the bank, but our receiver corps will be a lot better with a healthy Walker.

That money should be used on the defense.

I guess I just can't see Denver cutting him outright, given what that they gave up to get him.

I believe I read somewhere while looking stuff up about him that Denver wants him to restructure and take a pay cut to make more room under the cap. You are right though after trading for him I am surprised that Denver would just but willing to cut him like that.

I think he probably wants to put Denver in the rearview mirror at any cost. He probably has that New Year's Eve limo shooting in his mind constantly. I am sure that being a #1 is not his main priority. And remember, he totally outplayed Stallworth, who came out the same year until that incident.

I think Walker wants out of Denver cause the QB there is just not NFL ready at this point. I don't think Cutler will be the answer there, I had misgivings from since the Broncos traded up to get him. I see him in one game he is OK....the next he plays like Aaron Brooks.....I think Shanahan made a mistake with him....

Walker would give instant credibility to our WR group.....if Denver cuts him, I would jump to get him...he and Meachem would be awsome, and we could use Colston inside in the slot....Colston is great inside!

Correct me if I am wrong, but when Green Bay was shopping him, didn't we acquire about what it would take to trade for him...maybe I am thinking of something different.

He's not from Texas but from Lafayette . He was a two sport star at St. Thomas Moore HS and my Secretary's daughter's best friend. He is an outstanding young man and a total team player. His recent troubles were not of the "ME" variety. He'd be great in Black and Gold.

I was thinking he played in Lafayette. Thank you for that confirmation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom