Jaxson Hayes arrested (1 Viewer)

nolaspe

Slava Ukraini!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
For fighting with police and he's facing felony charges for battery of an officer...

Well, shirt.

Well, this is finally over...

I see Jaxson gone because of this asinine stunt.

The roster is already crowded, and talent is up & down the roster. This makes it easier for Coach Green, David Griffin, and Mrs. Benson to send him packing. We’ll see.

JMO 🤔

I doubt that we get rid of him this season....don't see anybody giving anything worth giving up having quality depth at his price with this being his last season on his rookie contract.

I think we hold onto him this year and then he tests FA. Someone will pay for his potential next offseason

I doubt that we get rid of him this season....don't see anybody giving anything worth giving up having quality depth at his price with this being his last season on his rookie contract.

I think we hold onto him this year and then he tests FA. Someone will pay for his potential next offseason
I think that your logic and reasoning is solid, and probably spot-on.

Having said that, I still have a feeling that if another team has had their eye on Jaxson (and let the Pels front office know of the same), they might be getting a call:

"Psssssst... remember when you asked about Jaxson Hayes? Let's talk about it again!" :scratch:

I think that your logic and reasoning is solid, and probably spot-on.

Having said that, I still have a feeling that if another team has had their eye on Jaxson (and let the Pels front office know of the same), they might be getting a call:

"Psssssst... remember when you asked about Jaxson Hayes? Let's talk about it again!" :scratch:
I could see inquiries, but the only way he gets moved is if he is just a piece of a bigger trade IMO

What would a team offer for a guy who has not yet shown after 4 years that he is good enough to be a starter (severe lack of consistency) AND is in the last year of a rookie deal. A 2nd rounder?

I could see inquiries, but the only way he gets moved is if he is just a piece of a bigger trade IMO

What would a team offer for a guy who has not yet shown after 4 years that he is good enough to be a starter (severe lack of consistency) AND is in the last year of a rookie deal. A 2nd rounder?
The Pels were the most widely publicized team in the past postseason.

The rest of the league was intrigued by how well the Pelicans came up through the PLAY-IN, and then taking the Suns to 6 games.

Jaxson Hayes' talents were on display, and who knows??? Maybe another team like what they saw in the limited minutes he played. He actually had flashes of stardom, albeit once in a while. But you never know.

The Pels were the most widely publicized team in the past postseason.

The rest of the league was intrigued by how well the Pelicans came up through the PLAY-IN, and then taking the Suns to 6 games.

Jaxson Hayes' talents were on display, and who knows??? Maybe another team like what they saw in the limited minutes he played. He actually had flashes of stardom, albeit once in a while. But you never know.
I don't disagree with that....I am just saying that between his inconsistencies, off the court issues, and being that this is the last year of his rookie contract I am virtually certain nobody would give us anything that would be more valuable than what he brings off the bench (without us paying more) in a season where we have the talent to potentially compete for a title. Also, his presence may mean that our superstars may not have to play as many minutes a game which is huge on wear and tear through the season. Plus I think that Hayes will be extra focused since he is auditioning for his next contract. (the only other way I can see us moving him is if we sent Hayes and draft assets for a better player but even then its difficult because most of the time a team wants a player as a salary dump in that scenario and not a potentially more expensive contract negotiation. NBA contracts and trades are far more complicated than the NFL....I don't even pretend to understand all the variables and nuances)

We have a starting unit that should be able to play with anybody
Brandon Ingram
Zion Williamson
Jonas Valanciunas
Herb Jones
CJ McCollum

Not many teams have this kind of talent coming off the bench
Jaxson Hayes
Jose Grand Theft Alvarado
Devonte Graham (lots ready to write him off, but if he gets back to his career 3pt average he will be a scoring spark off the bench)
Willie Hernangomez
Naji Marshall (when he plays within himself and doesn't try to do to much, one of the best values in the NBA)
Trey Murphy, III
Larry Nance, Jr

And that isn't even including Dyson Daniels

For the first time ever, I am every bit as excited about the upcoming Pels season as I am about the upcoming Saints season

I don't disagree with that....I am just saying that between his inconsistencies, off the court issues, and being that this is the last year of his rookie contract I am virtually certain nobody would give us anything that would be more valuable than what he brings off the bench (without us paying more) in a season where we have the talent to potentially compete for a title. Also, his presence may mean that our superstars may not have to play as many minutes a game which is huge on wear and tear through the season. Plus I think that Hayes will be extra focused since he is auditioning for his next contract. (the only other way I can see us moving him is if we sent Hayes and draft assets for a better player but even then its difficult because most of the time a team wants a player as a salary dump in that scenario and not a potentially more expensive contract negotiation. NBA contracts and trades are far more complicated than the NFL....I don't even pretend to understand all the variables and nuances)

We have a starting unit that should be able to play with anybody
Brandon Ingram
Zion Williamson
Jonas Valanciunas
Herb Jones
CJ McCollum

Not many teams have this kind of talent coming off the bench
Jaxson Hayes
Jose Grand Theft Alvarado
Devonte Graham (lots ready to write him off, but if he gets back to his career 3pt average he will be a scoring spark off the bench)
Willie Hernangomez
Naji Marshall (when he plays within himself and doesn't try to do to much, one of the best values in the NBA)
Trey Murphy, III
Larry Nance, Jr

And that isn't even including Dyson Daniels

For the first time ever, I am every bit as excited about the upcoming Pels season as I am about the upcoming Saints season
Agree with all you said except the last paragraph.

On a scale of 1-100, Pels peg out at 80, and the Saints peg out at 98.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom