Jaxson Hayes watch thread (1 Viewer)

Hayes like zion and naw are liabilities on defense. Hayes is imo the second best "energy guy" on the team.... those guys have long careers when the numbers and defense are there... jax has offense down...

We play defense?
we have 1 guy who plays defense, 3 or 4 guys who try to play defense and 10 guys who don't know what defense is. we should have beat both dallas and minny with minimal rugged defense, rebounding and making free throws/get to the damn line!

we really need to get about 5 new dudes on the roster.

even if by miracle we get the 8 this season next season we are looking rather good.

Zo
Jrue/JJ/NAW
BI/Hart
Zion/Melli
Jax

we move on from favors or give him a 2yr deal... let frank, moore, jah, kwilliams walk move on from darius miller even if it costs us 2 2nd round picks. the future is bright and if we go a different way from favors we have a lot of min up for grabs next season. Jaxson got time primarily because we had awful depth at the 4/5 immediately out of the gate. Jaxson is a highlight a game, every game but he plays defense like a young rookie... just like zion.

Last edited:
we have 1 guy who plays defense, 3 or 4 guys who try to play defense and 10 guys who don't know what defense is. we should have beat both dallas and minny with minimal rugged defense, rebounding and making free throws/get to the damn line!

we really need to get about 5 new dudes on the roster.

even if by miracle we get the 8 this season next season we are looking rather good.

Zo
Jrue/JJ/NAW
BI/Hart
Zion/Melli
Jax

we move on from favors or give him a 2yr deal... let frank, moore, jah, kwilliams walk move on from darius miller even if it costs us 2 2nd round picks. the future is bright and if we go a different way from favors we have a lot of min up for grabs next season. Jaxson got time primarily because we had awful depth at the 4/5 immediately out of the gate. Jaxson is a highlight a game, every game but he plays defense like a young rookie... just like zion.

Part of the reason they are struggling is having Zion in the starting lineup. It takes time to have chemistry....to know exactly where and what teammates are doing
The team had just gotten it down in the 15 games before Zions return. Then a great rookie, but still a rookie, gets thrown in plus his usage is crazy for the first 6-8 games due to minute restrictions. Its chaos for trying to play team defense

I think we miss JJ. That guy stretches the outside so much and runs guys into the ground. He also steals a possession or two every game by being crafty. I love when JJ, Zion and Mellie are on the floor at the same time with Ball. It creates so much space and they all have good chemistry together. I almost wish we could start them and bring Jrue, Hart, Ingram and Favors off the bench in hockey like sets. Do this for a quarter or two then start the 3rd with the lineup we've been rolling with. See if we can't find a chemistry with guys coming off the bench. I'm just not sure you can ask BI to come off the bench after what happened to him in LA with Lebron, even if it's just for a few games though.

I still think we are a really deep team and just learning to play together but missing JJ has been like missing our coach on such a young team.

I think we miss JJ. That guy stretches the outside so much and runs guys into the ground. He also steals a possession or two every game by being crafty. I love when JJ, Zion and Mellie are on the floor at the same time with Ball. It creates so much space and they all have good chemistry together. I almost wish we could start them and bring Jrue, Hart, Ingram and Favors off the bench in hockey like sets. Do this for a quarter or two then start the 3rd with the lineup we've been rolling with. See if we can't find a chemistry with guys coming off the bench. I'm just not sure you can ask BI to come off the bench after what happened to him in LA with Lebron, even if it's just for a few games though.

I still think we are a really deep team and just learning to play together but missing JJ has been like missing our coach on such a young team.
Agree 100%. Plus that means that Etwuan Moore and Frank Jackson get a good amount of minutes. That’s no bueno.

It was a month ago, but one of my favorites. JJ’s reaction is classic too

JJs reaction to that will never get old. JJ been around for a minute...you know you did something special to put a look like that on his face

Kid has barely played organized ball
On offense he moves well without the ball and obviously has the lob game down. He also uses his speed and athleticism well for offensive put-backs near the rim when other Pelicans miss shots. He doesnt have a shot yet, but his form is good so he should be able to have drastic improvement this offseason which will make him very dangerous on the offensive side
On defense he is a liability due to his inexperience. He needs to add mass so he doesnt get moved around so easily, needs to learn to block out and position himself for rebounds, and needs to learn how to defend better without fouling
He is gonna be special if he puts in the effort because he is a freak athletically

Jaxson got the start in tonight's first scrimmage game back. I was glad to see that happen.

Favors been a beast at the 5 when healthy but Hayes has come a long way this year. Gonna be some thought decisions....Ingram getting a max contract, Lonzo and Hart gonna be up for new contracts and you have Zion, Hayes, and NAW in the background

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom