Jay Cutler has "fallen out of favor" with some on the Bears' coaching staff. - LaCanfora (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
Coach John Fox also wants "fewer turnovers out of the quarterback position," and La Canfora reports Brian Hoyer is in position to keep the starting job beyond this week if he continues to play well. La Canfora reports "Cutler's future in Chicago beyond this season appears more bleak than ever." The guarantees are gone from Cutler's contract after this year. In all likelihood, the Bears will be drafting a new quarterback next April/May.

I was wondering how long it would take for John Fox to slam down on Cutler. imvho, I think Fox is one of the best coaches in the league. And he is no-nonsense. It sounds like he had his fill of Cutler's free-lance attitude and lack of discipline in the passing game.

I thought under the right coaching that Cutler would do well. I was wrong on that one. I always kind of liked Cutler, just didn't want him in Black and Gold.

Jay Cutler - Chicago Bears - 2016 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

I was wondering how long it would take for John Fox to slam down on Cutler. imvho, I think Fox is one of the best coaches in the league. And he is no-nonsense. It sounds like he had his fill of Cutler's free-lance attitude and lack of discipline in the passing game.

I thought under the right coaching that Cutler would do well. I was wrong on that one. I always kind of liked Cutler, just didn't want him in Black and Gold.

Jay Cutler - Chicago Bears - 2016 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Cutler seems like a guy who had all the right tools physically but did not have the right mentality to be a success in the NFL.

Should we trade for him to be Drew's successor?

...I kid, I kid. :hihi:

nz5qh0Z.gif

Only question I have is why did it take so long for them and the fans to become bored with the perfect example of a full grown petulent child?............:idunno:

There was a reason they got rid of him in Denver back in the day....the guy is a tease just like Jeff George was not to mention a pure @&$$!?$.....

Didn't someone link a story about a Vanderbilt fan met him out somewhere and he was just a total jerk?

And that was supposed to be a QB year like 84 with Leinart, young and him. Scary he played the longest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bears' fans have been done with him for years.

I feel like the headline "Jay Cutler has fallen out of favor with some on the Bears' coaching staff" could be posted at any point of every season he's played. When it's all said and done it appears that Jay Cutler just isn't all that good of a quarterback. He's not terrible, but he's been in the league for 11 years now and at no point in his career has he been able to take that next level jump. He's never cracked 30 touchdown passes in a season. He's only passed 4,000 yards passing once (2008), he's only surpassed a 90 passer rating once (92.3, which he posted last season) and he's only been to one Pro-Bowl (which was 8 years ago; also, quarterback is by far the easiest position to make it to the Pro-Bowl since they invite 3 and then guys usually end up skipping it due to injury, disinterest or making it to the Super Bowl. I mean, Vince Young made it to 2 Pro-Bowls for pete's sake).

Cutler has a career win/loss record of 67-69 and a TD/INT ratio of 205-143. By any and all metrics in which you can judge a quarterback he's been nothing but mediocre. Why do we have to pretend to be surprised every year that Jay Cutler kind of stinks?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom