Jay Feely OWNS Bayless on bountygate (1 Viewer)

Jortizcardona

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Did Gregg Williams Speech Go Too Far? - YouTube

Didnt see it posted, I apologize if it has been posted. Jay Feely exposes Skip Bayless for the joker that he is. You could see Bayless' agenda from a mile and the way he kept on saying the "keywords" that the media have used to create a screwed up picture of our D. But Jay Feely and Woodson tell it like it is. Skip you got owned by the kicker.

good post, I usually don't like to watch anything with bayless in it... unless he's put in his place.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kwML6-wgHIo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Very strong indictment of Goodell. Darren Woodson didn't say as much as Feeley but you could see him shake his head in agreement. Woodson said plenty, though, and Skip Bayless was pwned--no doubt about it. I don't know who the other guy was. Feely even said that Goodell doesn't care about injuries, only in protecting the league against lawsuits.

They discussed Bernard Pollard's statements, and Skip tried to say that Pollard was a dirty plyer because he has been on plays where Brady, Gronkowski, and someone else (?) were injured. The two players said that those were legal plays.

I love it when somebody else does your work for you.

Wow. That was very entertaining to say the least. Bobbleheads didn't stand a chance there. Lol. He's mentioning the man (pollard) name negtively for making clen hits that just happened to result in injury. These guys are ridiculous

Did Gregg Williams Speech Go Too Far? - YouTube

Didnt see it posted, I apologize if it has been posted. Jay Feely exposes Skip Bayless for the joker that he is. You could see Bayless' agenda from a mile and the way he kept on saying the "keywords" that the media have used to create a screwed up picture of our D. But Jay Feely and Woodson tell it like it is. Skip you got owned by the kicker.

Thank you for this OP!

Bayless totally got owned. He didnt even belong in that conversation. He has no clue of what it takes to be a football player. Feeley was laughing at him because he simply just doesnt get it.

I have said it before and will say it again.

Gregg Williams is a product of the 100 years of culture that the NFL has created.

Free Gregg Williams!

loved it! Feeley and Woodson took Skip out of the argument quickly, because Bayless realized he can't win any argument with them, since they know so much more then he does, he would just get embarrassed.

they called out Goodell on his hypocrisy in a VERY large manner, and they stated, multiple times over and over again, the saints are not the only team in the NFL doing this.

That was classic! Skip Clueless is so stoopid... :rolleyes:

I love it! :hihi:

Thank you for making my day! :worthy:

I have a new respect for kickers now. Its the punters (kluwe) who you gotta watch out for.

I think its well known the players don't like and will never like Goodell. It is just too bad the owners don't share the same point of view, as long as the owners like him he'll be around for a long long time.

The key word in all of this, for me at least, has been INTENT. I agree that our team should be penalized and fined for what happened (although I take great issue with the severity of it but that is for another thread) but this willingness to label our organization with the description that we were INTENDING to injure players is something that I still take issue with. It is a huge stretch.

The Pistons employed something called "the Jordan Rules" when playing Michael Jordan. Chuck Daly describes what the Jordan Rules were. The bolded part is interesting: "If Michael was at the point, we forced him left and doubled him. If he was on the left wing, we went immediately to a double team from the top. If he was on the right wing, we went to a slow double team. He could hurt you equally from either wing—hell, he could hurt you from the hot-dog stand—but we just wanted to vary the look. And if he was on the box, we doubled with a big guy. The other rule was, any time he went by you, you had to nail him. If he was coming off a screen, nail him. We didn't want to be dirty—I know some people thought we were—but we had to make contact and be very physical."

Now, if that is the language that Daly uses in a Sports Illustrated interview simply describing the methods, I can only imagine what was possibly said in team meetings and huddles. I don't think it was the Pistons intent (that word again) to injure MJ but if it happened within their play and based on their philosophy I don't think they were going to apologize for that. Let's say they put money on it. $500 for putting him on the floor. 1K if he leaves the court. 2K if he leaves the game. Again, I don't think the incentivization (while wrong) changes their intent. Their intent was to play him physically, "nail him", and make hard contact. How they described doing that in meetings or bonuses (no insinuating they did, simply using it as a comparison) given out for results of that their play, imho, doesn't change intent. Intent is a hard thing to try and characterize and I take issue with those who so easily try to do so. I could be very wrong but the truth is those who are openly speculating one way or another simply don't know.

nice to see bayless look like a mental midget, not like he needs much help.

my favorite line from the entire segment was when someone said that goodell "is running the league like a lawyer and not like a leader." or something close to that. BRAVO.

nice to see bayless look like a mental midget, not like he needs much help.

my favorite line from the entire segment was when someone said that goodell "is running the league like a lawyer and not like a leader." or something close to that. BRAVO.

I loved that too. It was Jay Feely. :9:

When I was a kid, I was sad because Undertaker went away. Paul Bearer got a "new" undertaker but he had different colored boots. After a while, the old undertaker came back, and kicked new guy's ***. Defeated, Paul Bearer found a guy that could paralyze people by grabbing their mouth.

That scenario was far more believable than the plotlines surrounding the "Skip Bayless" character.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom