Jazz Fest 2019 (50th Anniversary)(Update: Rolling Stones 10/13/21) (1 Viewer)

I doubt it is a trend. I think it’s the whole 50th anniversary thing and because the Stones wanted a “runway” style stage that stretches out into the audience, there were some safety and other concerns that prompted them to want to have a reduced headcount on ticket sales. So they came up with this “concert within a festival” idea with a separate cover charge. Yeah, $185 is pricey, that’s for sure. That’s probably about average for a Stones show these days? Not sure but I guess they figure the opportunity to see the Stones in that environment is worth the average ticket charge of a Stones tour.

Either way, I agree with that I hope it isn’t going to be a trend. I suspect (hope) it isn’t.
It'll probably pour down rain and become one giant wallow....enjoy that $185 ringworm fest.

Hella lame. I saw Seger in 2008, he was awesome. Supposedly he’s retiring after this tour.

Hella lame. I saw Seger in 2008, he was awesome. Supposedly he’s retiring after this tour.

Bummer indeed.

I "saw" him once about 35 years ago but spent most of the concert emptying the contents of my stomach in the bathroom. Had a nice shooting star pattern of broken blood vessels all over my face the next morning, but not much recollection of one of my favorite artists as a young boy-man. One who spoke to me more, not less, as I went through my 30's and 40's.

Bummer indeed.

Going to see Stones in Houston. Not into Jazzfest hoopla for some reason.

Don't mean to kind of change subject but surely this was no Woodstock

Interesting little filmstrip on Altamont

1. $185 to see the most overrated band in history? No thanks.

2. Jazz Fest is jumping the shark because Quint is out of touch.

3. I'm going for 1 act and I'm only telling you guys because I like you. Second Sunday... Lil’ Buck Sinegal Blues Band with special guest Ironing Board Sam. Ironing Board Sam is by far the best act I've ever seen at JF, and I discovered him completely by accident at the fest in '14.

2019 (says 2018, but is actually 2019) food list:

Updated map

2019-NOJHF-MAP-1021.png

2019 (says 2018, but is actually 2019) food list:

Zero new items. Yay.

Zero new items. Yay.

The biggest updates are the listings for the Cultural Pavillion food, this year served by local restaurant Carmo:
  • Colombo de Poulet (Martinican Chicken Curry),
  • Pão de Queijo (Brazilian Cheese Bread),
  • *Bunny Chow (South African Veggie Curry)
Over at the Mrs Wheat's booth, the spicy meat pies and crawfish pies return, but the broccoli & cheese pie is gone, replaced by two kinds of mini pies:
  • Mini Shrimp & Andouille Pies,
  • *Mini Broccoli & Cheese Pies
There's one new flavor added to the gelato and sorbetto booth around the grounds (I think this is found near the Folk Village).
  • Strawberry Balsamic
And at the Li’l Dizzy’s Café booth by the Jazz Tent, the crowd favorite Trout Baquet listing has changed to redfish (though I've heard it was never trout to begin with).

The Taqueria Corona booth last year had three taco choices including chicken. This year just shrimp or fish, so the chicken taco is gone.

Oyster Rockefeller bisque is back after a 5 year hiatus.

At Congresso Cubano, the Adobo de Pescado Frito con Salmarejo (Crispy Marinated Redfish) is gone, as is the Frijoles Negros (Black Beans & Rice). One new item takes their place.
  • Yucca Fries w/ Chimichurri

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom