Jazz Fest 2019 (50th Anniversary)(Update: Rolling Stones 10/13/21) (1 Viewer)

Sources have revealed that the organizers of the music and cultural event known as the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival have reached an agreement to host a rally featuring President Donald Trump speaking at the New Orleans fairgrounds on Thursday, May 2nd, 2019. President Trump's appearance and speech will apparently supersede what historically has been a primarily music-centric event. Details have not been revealed as the plans and timing are still being worked out. Sources close to festival organizers have suggested that the president will most likely close out the days events by speaking at the Acura Stage.

We went to our last Jazz Fest last year. From coming out of town it was to expensive. I figured it cost us over $500 for the lodging (RV park- 3nights), fuel, tickets (2 people-1 day), beers, food, etc.

We went from the JF straight to the Breaux Bridge Crawfish Festival and had more fun and spent a lot less money. We are going there again next year.

We went to our last Jazz Fest last year. From coming out of town it was to expensive. I figured it cost us over $500 for the lodging (RV park- 3nights), fuel, tickets (2 people-1 day), beers, food, etc.

We went from the JF straight to the Breaux Bridge Crawfish Festival and had more fun and spent a lot less money. We are going there again next year.
That’s great. You might consider that those two events have nothing in common though. I’m sure I could also find someone who would prefer going to the Wyoming Knitting Festival over jazz fest too.

I agree that Jazzfest pricing is way more expensive (adjusted for inflation) than it was 20 or 30 yrs ago, not really my opinion, just a fact... but as for the rest of your trip— you’re saying that two people took an RV trip all the way from Canada to New Orleans, spent $$ on fuel for the RV, spent a day at JF eating and drinking, stayed in an RV park and only spent $500?! That seems like an extreme bargain to me, all things considered.. and i’m honestly not sure how one could do it for that little money, maybe i’m missing something.

I agree that Jazzfest pricing is way more expensive (adjusted for inflation) than it was 20 or 30 yrs ago, not really my opinion, just a fact... but as for the rest of your trip— you’re saying that two people took an RV trip all the way from Canada to New Orleans, spent $$ on fuel for the RV, spent a day at JF eating and drinking, stayed in an RV park and only spent $500?! That seems like an extreme bargain to me, all things considered.. and i’m honestly not sure how one could do it for that little money, maybe i’m missing something.

I don't know how Canada got into this. I came from Elberta, Alabama which is just North of Gulf Shores. The RV sites were a $100 a night plus the fuel, tickets and food/drinks at Jazz Fest.

[Rumor} Rolling Stones coming May 2nd
brass pass won't get you in that day

Also a very credible rumor that Seger is playing this year. It’s his farewell tour (ends in Houston the week before) and he’s never played Jazz Fest.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom