Jazz Fest 2019 (50th Anniversary)(Update: Rolling Stones 10/13/21) (2 Viewers)

I don't know how Canada got into this. I came from Elberta, Alabama which is just North of Gulf Shores. The RV sites were a $100 a night plus the fuel, tickets and food/drinks at Jazz Fest.

Oh ****, sorry- i read the Elberta, AL in your avatar as being somewhere in the Canadian providence of Alberta.. that would have been a lot more fuel and expense than coming from Alabama, i guess.

Also a very credible rumor that Seger is playing this year. It’s his farewell tour (ends in Houston the week before) and he’s never played Jazz Fest.

Give me a choice between those two, and i think i’d prefer to see Seger than the Stones.. and a Brass Pass would ostensibly work for the day that Seger would play (though i’ve never gotten a BP.)

Give me a choice between those two, and i think i’d prefer to see Seger than the Stones.. and a Brass Pass would ostensibly work for the day that Seger would play (though i’ve never gotten a BP.)
1st 3 years i was back in NO, i lived on Dumanie right by Bayou St John so I could walk/bike easilhy
i brassed passed like a mug during that time
it was awesome and completely jaded me - once i had to do Jazz Fest like a canadian tourist it just wasn't the same. just picked one day and made the best of it

We travelled all the way from Elsinore, Denmark to last years Jazz Fest and loved every minute of it

(We were celebrating our 30th anniversary and my husband told me I could chose the destination for our anniversary trip knowing precisely what I would chose LOL)

We travelled all the way from Elsinore, Denmark to last years Jazz Fest and loved every minute of it

(We were celebrating our 30th anniversary and my husband told me I could chose the destination for our anniversary trip knowing precisely what I would chose LOL)
To Fest, or not To Fest

Elsinore is the name of the brewery in Strange Brew. Per wikipedia (which I checked to confirm my memory on this), Strange Brew is loosely based on Shakespeare's Hamlet, which of course takes place in Denmark.

Mind. Blown.

It's gotten so expensive that I pick one day of each week and go. Now I just have to wait for an actual lineup to decide. I worked it as a photographer for WWOZ for two years. Those were the worst Jazz Fests of my life. Who cares about free admission for two days when you have to be out there from start to finish - constantly uploading pics a blurbs to their site for every day you're working for them? I literally fell asleep out there on the last Sunday (my second free pass that year).

Lineup details, originally scheduled to be revealed in December, will now be revealed in January.

2019 Poster is a bit lame, imo.

JF-19-U_large.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom