JazzFest '08 (1 Viewer)

I heard a portion of the lineup on WWL this morning. Kinda sounds like too many JF retreads to me.

It feels a little like that, especially with Santana.

Robert Plant is a good call though.

Could do without Billy Joel.

I'm not very impressed with the rehash of artists that are there just about every year. Buffet. Santana.

FYI, for those that want to see Al Green, don't. If he's at Acura (or whatever it is these days), he'll still do his gospel tunes. I don't have a problem with that, it's just that he should do that at the Gospel tent, not Acura. On top of that, his voice is so shot that he had the audience singing most of the songs for him. I'm not packin myself in that crowd to hear drunks singing his songs.

It is nice to see the Nevilles back on Sunday and Kermit is surely making his way up the Jazz Fess ranks.:9:

I'm not very impressed with the rehash of artists that are there just about every year. Buffet. Santana.

FYI, for those that want to see Al Green, don't. If he's at Acura (or whatever it is these days), he'll still do his gospel tunes. I don't have a problem with that, it's just that he should do that at the Gospel tent, not Acura. On top of that, his voice is so shot that he had the audience singing most of the songs for him. I'm not packin myself in that crowd to hear drunks singing his songs.

It is nice to see the Nevilles back on Sunday and Kermit is surely making his way up the Jazz Fess ranks.:9:

Yeah, just feels like something is missing, although I will enjoy myself nontheless.

They are pulling in some newer blood with Michael Franti and the John Butler Trio. I'm not huge fans of either but they are both sort of standards at music festivals these days.

steel pulse, stevie wonder, al green, robert plant, and of course REBIRTH!!!

c766651e7x4.jpg

steel pulse, stevie wonder, al green, robert plant, and of course REBIRTH!!!

I forgot about Steel Pulse. I would camp out and see The Roots and Steel Pulse back to back. That would be some good tunage right there. Stevie would be nice too, but I fear that it would just be WAY too packed to even attempt.

I like the lineup -- some good new artists -- some good old faithfuls -- John Prine will be a great addition --

I WILL say that if I witnessed Dazed and Confused at the Fair Grounds, that would be a moment. I don't even know if he does Zep songs on his own.

I have a feeling, due to time constraints that he will just be doing the music off the Robert Plant and Alison Krauss album. I could be wrong though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom