JazzFest '08 (1 Viewer)

for any of you "old skool" New Orleans rap afficianados - April 27 - the THROWW BACK JAM - feat - Joe Blakk, UNLV, MC T. Tucker, Dolemite, BustDown, and Cheeky Blakk

WOW- UNLV - gonna drag him from the river....MC T. Tucker and DJ "EEEERR", Bustdown, Joe Blakk from Algiers.

if they could just get Gregory D and Mannie Fresh back togehter....

There are always good bands to see at Jazz Fest and the best national acts are the ones that fine tune to the crowd. Some do.

Neville Brothers closing out the fest for the first time since Katrina, Henry Butler, Kermit Ruffins, Terence Blanchard, Trombone Shorty, Randy Newman (Louisiana 1927), Fredy Omar, Widespread Panic, Galactic, Elvis Costello and Allen Toussaint (after their recording post K in New Orleans), Walter "Wolfman" Washington, Jon Cleary, Dr. John, Ellis Marsellis, Theresa Anderson, Alison Krauss and Robert Plant (He's spent a fair amount of time in NOLA post k), Papa Grows Funk, Chick Corea, Rebirth, Hot 8 Brass Band (member of their band was killed a year ago and was one of the events that led to the march on crime by NOLA residents last January).

Looks like a good time to me.

IMO, there's no way you can go to Jazz Fess and not find a band to jam to. Even though I am not fond of most of the national acts brought in, I am accepting of it so us regulars can have the other stages to ourselves while they pile on top of each other.

My house, which is all of one block from the main entrance, will be ready in time :D :D :D :D :D :D

I usually only go to the fest one or two days, the other days I'll probably be selling big bottles of water and pralines from the front porch. Mention you're from saintsreport and I'll hook you up with something.

This year is gonna be good! The bad is that if you don't preorder your tickets they are gonna be $50 bucks at the door. They have been going up steady for years now. I can't see them going any higher than this though..... Right???

Even at $50 per it's about as good a deal you'll find anywhere in the world. 2nd Fri. and Sat. will be all day affairs for myself. Any chance of parking at your house, Dan? Those that think it's rehash of Jazzfest regulars just don't get it. There's a huge variety at all times.

I agree that it is worth $50 bucks for the day, but It's gotta be topping out soon. They need to do something like a weekend pass for like $100 for preorders or something. Anyone know how much the Brass Pass is gonna be this year?? I used to go almost every day a few years back b/c I could usually get some cheap tix from someone off the street from all of the donated tickets but you don't see them anymore. I think I'll just be going the second weekend this year.

As a lifelong resident, let me offer up some advice....

-- So my neighbor didn't clear away the tree that's obstructing a "No parking to corner" sign. Be sure to look for these. Two cars have been towed today. If you will be looking for very close parking, LEAVE A CAR LENGTH FROM THE STOP SIGN on N. Dupre at Onzaga.

-- For out-of-town travelers, the "20 feet clearance from a stop sign" rule is also being enforced. That 20 feet is an invisible line that runs parallel to the stop sign; a sign on the right-side of the corner does not enable one to come into violation of this rule on the left-side corner.

-- My mom will be selling FDL car magnets with a card detailing the symbol's history. They're pretty neat, $10 or 2 for $15. From the main entry/exit gate, cross Gentilly, come up one block, on the right.

-- If you're into slot machines, I'll be bartending in the Fair Grounds' slot facility tonight and every other non-Sunday JazzFest day, starting at 6:30pm.

-- I currently have one parking spot available at my house. PM me if you want it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom