JD as a S (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I think it's pretty clear JD isn't the solution at CB for us. I don't think we can cut him yet (at least now cheaply). What about converting him to FS? I think that might be a better conversion for a Cover 2 corner than press coverage...just a thought.

Too small and he can't really tackle..he'd be Bullocks jr, only worse

Give the dude another year in the scheme that he had to Learn last year. At the end of the year the dude showed some improvement as his technique got a little better. Infact right now Jason David is our #1 Cornerback because we don't even know if MM will be ready for the season.

So no the solution is not to move him to saftey the solution is for him to learn proper technique and quit watching the QB.

Give the dude another year in the scheme that he had to Learn last year. At the end of the year the dude showed some improvement as his technique got a little better. Infact right now Jason David is our #1 Cornerback because we don't even know if MM will be ready for the season.

So no the solution is not to move him to saftey the solution is for him to learn proper technique and quit watching the QB.

I think this is the best solution...I guess I should have asked, "What should the Saints do with JD if it appears as though he can't/won't learn their techniques?"

I think this is the best solution...I guess I should have asked, "What should the Saints do with JD if it appears as though he can't/won't learn their techniques?"
Maybe they can put blinders on him so he can't peek into the backfield.:dunno: :hihi:

He's completely too small and doesn't have the right attitude to be a safety. He doesn't tackle well because he's short and thin. Bob Sanders is short, but built like a house. He also bits on non-moves too often that he'll do the same as a safety and the CB will get beat deep anyway. The only hope is to pray he gets better as a man CB.

Can you think of anyone similar to Jason David size and gifted wise that plays safety in the NFL? I cant. You HAVE to be able to tackle to be a safety and Jason David is a horrible tackler, not to mention he cant cover.

Can you think of anyone similar to Jason David size and gifted wise that plays safety in the NFL? I cant. You HAVE to be able to tackle to be a safety and Jason David is a horrible tackler, not to mention he cant cover.

Nope...didn't realize he was that light (the short thing wasn't so bad as supposedly he has a good vertical)....slot receiver, maybe? (Just joking)

Nope...didn't realize he was that light (the short thing wasn't so bad as supposedly he has a good vertical)....slot receiver, maybe? (Just joking)

The best thing to do is cut ties with him after this season. We clearly missed on this guy...I just hope our Coaching staff / managment can own up to it and not shove him down our throat every week.

no, the answer is not just to cut him. He showed tremendous improvement the last 3 weeks of the season we need to give him another shot for him to grasp the system.

no, the answer is not just to cut him. He showed tremendous improvement the last 3 weeks of the season we need to give him another shot for him to grasp the system.

ok I would love for you to be right...but lets be real. Our defense never looked better when he was injured.

I didnt watch film on him specifically to know if he did indeed improve the last 3 weeks but what I did notice was that our rushing defense got worse the last 3 games and that MAY have made others seem to play better because of another dimension to attack us?:dunno:

I say this over and over.

David is an extremely cheap, very young player with a ton of experience and a championship. He's so cheap that now that his frontloaded season is paid off he's relatively free. Cutting him is ridiculous. Should he enter training camp as the starter? No. But it's still too early to call him a bust, and it really doesn't save us financially in any way while taking talent away from a position we're already shallow at.

Keep David and see if the light ever goes on. If not, his style fits a nickel corner.

I dont know what to think about this guy, but we know he is serviceable when pressure is put on the QB. Since that should our #1 priority this offseason this should allow him to be the player he was brought here to be?

How did you get your name, ScoutMike? Are you a boy scout commander? Just curious. :)

It doesn't take a long look at Jason David to see why he's not safety-material.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom