Jeff Duncan: Bell, McCray, and L. Moore did not practice Wednesday (1 Viewer)

Overall you have to feel VERY fortunate to have the injuries we do have. Lots of teams are FAR worse off as far as injuries go just two games into the year. We are all too familiar with injuries historically speaking with the Saints. Let's hope we can continue to keep the injuries to few, minor and not to players that can't be replaced (Brees).

Pierre Thomas is working this week but is not 100%. Bush will likely get the bulk of the carries

Pierre Thomas is working this week but is not 100%. Bush will likely get the bulk of the carries

Thanks for the info as always Truck! Have you heard whether Hamilton will be activated or not?

Edit: You could actually start a new thread with this info Truck. I know most people here are dying to know how PT is doing.

Thanks for the info as always Truck! Have you heard whether Hamilton will be activated or not?

Hamilton will be active because Payton likes to carry 3 backs. Bell unless he makes a miraculous recovery will be out this week, but could be back next week. Reggie will get his chance this week, let's hope he plays well given the extra load.

I personally don't think Smith and Grant should be lumped together the way they seem to be by some fans. I know they both underachieved last year with high salaries, but I see a separation in performance between the two this year. It'd be nice to get a few sacks just so I don't have to read about the tandem here.

Ayodele might get his second start this week... sure I want Clancy in there but lets let him get healthy. We have 14 more games to play, and some playoff games also, so let these guys heal up.

I personally don't think Smith and Grant should be lumped together the way they seem to be by some fans. I know they both underachieved last year with high salaries, but I see a separation in performance between the two this year. It'd be nice to get a few sacks just so I don't have to read about the tandem here.

I agree brad. I got carried away with emotion. You are absolutely correct about the separation in play between the two. Will Smith does look better than he has in several years but I'd still like to see a little more production for what he is getting paid.

when did brees injure his shoulder?

This is what Jeff Duncan tweeted a few minutes ago:

Brees said he took a hit on his left shoulder during a sack in the first quarter. He said it was not serious, "just a little sore."

Smith has played decently IMO.

Grant has been hurt and not playing much, so that explains the lack of production from him. There seems to be a lot of whining about a guy who isn't even on the field.

I agree with everyone that Smith and Grant are carrying around those hefty contracts and thus far have not lived up to the money they are getting paid. But what about Big Sed. How do you feel he is performing so far (5 tackles, 0 sacks)

I agree with everyone that Smith and Grant are carrying around those hefty contracts and thus far have not lived up to the money they are getting paid. But what about Big Sed. How do you feel he is performing so far (5 tackles, 0 sacks)

He's played great and has been very good against the run.

If anyone really expected our DT to go out and have more then 5-6 sacks on the season total, they were being unrealistic. He's not Haynesworth.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom