Jeff Duncan: Mayor Cantrell May Allow Fans this Sunday [THREAD CLOSED] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard on local NOLA TV newscast, it will be 750. Not sure where Duncan is coming from.

w6Ucz7V.gif

I read today she had been attending games which (if true) is really poor optics on her. I was behind her decision based on the idea of an abundance of caution in a domed stadium. I also, don't like one business getting preferential treatment over the many small business that are left out.

I read today she had been attending games which (if true) is really poor optics on her. I was behind her decision based on the idea of an abundance of caution in a domed stadium. I also, don't like one business getting preferential treatment over the many small business that are left out.
Which businesses?

Which businesses?
In general. Isn't there still some level of limited capacity, no capacity for certain business (theaters, etc). Small business that are taking a body blow over this who thing.

In general. Isn't there still some level of limited capacity, no capacity for certain business (theaters, etc). Small business that are taking a body blow over this who thing.
I could be wrong, but I believe it's 75 percent capacity now.

Changes in Phase 3.2, which will go into effect at 6 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 17, include the following:

Indoor live entertainment will be allowed with a Special Event Permit in restaurants, indoor event venues, and concert halls. Singing, karaoke, and wind-blown instruments are prohibited indoors.

Bars and breweries without LDH food permits will be allowed to have outdoor seating of 25% permitted occupancy or 50 individuals, whichever is fewer. Alcohol sales are limited to the hours of 8 a.m. and 11 p.m.

Breweries with an LDH food permit will be allowed to have indoor seating of 25% of permitted occupancy and outdoor seating of 100% permitted occupancy or 50 individuals, whichever is fewer. Alcohol sales are limited to the hours of 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. The City of New Orleans is making this provision in its guidelines because unlike bars, breweries are not eligible to apply for the State’s conditional restaurant permit.

Houses of worship, movie theaters, and conference venues will be allowed to open for timed, seated events at 50% of permitted occupancy or 500 individuals, whichever is fewer.

Outdoor stadiums and large arenas will be allowed to have 25% permitted occupancy or 500 individuals, whichever is fewer.
Concert halls will be allowed to open for timed, seated events at 50% of permitted occupancy or 250 individuals, whichever is fewer, with approval from the State Fire Marshal and the City’s Department of Safety and Permits. Singing, karaoke, and wind-blown instruments are prohibited indoors and alcohol sales are limited to the hours of 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.

The City’s Phase 3.2 guidelines will also include an updated policy from the State of Louisiana, which requires that alcohol sales at restaurants be accompanied by food sales.

All activities during the stages of Phase 3 must still include the crucial tenets of disease control, including the following:

• Masks are required in public, except during personal recreation.
  • All activities allowed in Phase 3 must include strict social distancing.
  • All businesses must follow the City and State guidelines for safe operations.

Permit... Permit... Special Permit... Apply for a permit... Permit... Permit... Pay me for a Permit. LOL

Wanna have fans in the Dome...? State better Permit me some more CARES money.... zing!

Last edited:
IDK, but I thought it was about safety thought
To quote GuidoMerkinsRules

really wished people paid more attention to the already approaching 2nd/3rd wave than they do to their booboo feelings

and while I'm no fan of the current mayor - i can almost guarantee that many of the people blasting her for not opening the dome also blasted her for allowing mardi gras to happen
they can figure out for themselves the paradox of their outrage

Same people also said would never watch NFLfootball again during the summer. Same people that whine about Malcolm Jenkins. Well welcome back!

To quote GuidoMerkinsRules

Same people also said would never watch NFLfootball again during the summer. Same people that whine about Malcolm Jenkins. Well welcome back!
So, maybe from a public relations perspective, she could at least try and not personally attend some games herself while preaching that no one, not even a small percentile can attend Saints games themselves, her constituency BTW on the grounds she wants to prevent these sports events being superspreaders and avoiding a repeat of Covid cases popping up after Mardi Gras earlier this year?

I know she's the mayor, an elected official, and has more special privileges and access than poor schmuck like me and you, but even if she was one of only a few people there and highly unlikely to catch or spread COVID, does she realize how smug and entitled she appears being able to enjoy a live NFL football game while we sit our arses at home or in socially distanced bars or restaurants?

So, maybe from a public relations perspective, she could at least try and not personally attend some games herself while preaching that no one, not even a small percentile can attend Saints games themselves, her constituency BTW on the grounds she wants to prevent these sports events being superspreaders and avoiding a repeat of Covid cases popping up after Mardi Gras earlier this year?

I know she's the mayor, an elected official, and has more special privileges and access than poor schmuck like me and you, but even if she was one of only a few people there and highly unlikely to catch or spread COVID, does she realize how smug and entitled she appears being able to enjoy a live NFL football game while we sit our arses at home or in socially distanced bars or restaurants?
Where is the evidence she attended? When did a Facebook forum become a reliable source? If anything you would want her there to see for herself it is safe? Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom