Jeff Duncan: Mike Hoss in the Lead to Become Saints New Play-by-Play Guy (6 Viewers)

sarrail

Veteran
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Mike Hoss was the first person I thought of when I saw Strief was gonna leave.

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He would have been my first choice as well. I’ve had a few conversations with him and he is a very nice guy who strikes me as very professional. Given time I think he would grow into the role nicely.

BigOdin504

section 632
Reaction score
I don’t see what interview questions have to do with being a play-by-play guy. He’s an experienced broadcaster with a good voice. He wouldn’t be my first choice but I have no problem giving him a shot.
He just didn’t seem well prepared for the interviews is all.
we will see how it shakes out.
I think Joel Meyers play by play for the pelicans is solid
It also depends upon how well they react with deuce in the booth

Reaction score
I think Mike Hoss is a good choice. The problem with Joel is that he would be extremely busy and possibly give up national broadcasts of NFL and Pelicans' games. He is one of the best play-by-play basketball announcers in the league, and we are lucky to have him call Pelicans' games. Another local, I think, play-by-play radio announcer is Sean Kelly. He has handled basketball, football, and baseball on a national level. How about thinking out side of the box and have a female announcer? There are others, but I would not mind Mike Hoss. I think he would be very good.

mr.t

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I love Mike Hoss! He was my choice when Jim Henderson left!!!!
What about the LSU guy, Chris Blair ? I am not familiar with Hoss or Myers. Regardless, they have to be better than the National guys.

Saint Greg

SR is my life!
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He just didn’t seem well prepared for the interviews is all.
we will see how it shakes out.
I think Joel Meyers play by play for the pelicans is solid
It also depends upon how well they react with deuce in the booth
Myers would be my first choice. But at least Hoss is a professional broadcaster. I personally would use a larger pool than WWL does.

Saint Greg

SR is my life!
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What about the LSU guy, Chris Blair ? I am not familiar with Hoss or Myers. Regardless, they have to be better than the National guys.
You know the Tampa guy also does FSU games.

GeauxWhoDats

Insert Clever Title Here
Reaction score
Mike Hoss would be a good choice. Make it happen Entercom.

"Back to you Hoss."
"Thanks Hoss-fly."

Pocket Hercules

Always Locked In
Reaction score
Jim Henderson was so many great things, but a great football voice he was not. Hoping we get someone in that chair who gets a person fired up for a freakin' football game.

Reaction score
Jim Henderson was so many great things, but a great football voice he was not. Hoping we get someone in that chair who gets a person fired up for a freakin' football game.
Could not disagree with you more. Henderson's pre-game statement, particularly before the Super Bowl, made me want to suit up and play. Also, his quotes are timeless, i.e. "Hakeem drops the ball!", "It's good, it's good... , and the Saints are in the Superbowl" and "Get ready to party with the Lombardi, New Orleans!" I think you underestimate his talent and importance to the Saints and New Orleans. Once he stopped broadcasting, I stopped turning down the sound on my tv to sync up the radio with the action on the field. Zach was very good, and his effort was admirable, but he was hard to follow and very slow on a play-by-play basis.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)